Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

tablet + pen pressure + illustrator CS5 issue

Explorer ,
May 05, 2010 May 05, 2010

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I just installed Illustrator CS5 and I can't get the brushes to recognize pen pressure from my graphics tablet (intuos3).

I have tried all the combos of brushes, strokes, etc.  It looks like all the 6D options (bearing, tilt, pressure) are greyed out. Thus, the ap doesn't recognize when I am using my pen.

Oddly, the pen works great in Photoshop CS5.

I am working on Windows 7.

Any thoughts?

Thanks!

_Todd

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jan 11, 2011 Jan 11, 2011

Got it!

At least I think I got it working on my iMac running OSX 10.6.6.

I heard back from Greg, a Sr. Customer Care Technician@ Wacom and carefully followed his directions (I'm paraphrasing)..

• Go to APPS > Bamboo folder (may be Wacom on your machine) > Bamboo Utility
  • Click REMOVE button under the Tablet Software
  • Restart computer
  • Download and reinstall latest driver from Wacom
  • Restart computer
  • Go to Illustrator and get busy with the brushes

It may have worked earlier (see previous post), but I might not

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,
Sep 13, 2016 Sep 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was having the same issue with not having the option to set the brush pressure sensitivity in AI. I removed my driver and downloaded the latest version of it from the Wacom website as recommended by several people here.  This solved the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2016 Nov 12, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a wacom Bamboo and the same problem. I solved it by loading one of the wacom 6d brushes  from the brush library. When it is loaded among your brushes, you can change its pressure. It is the only one with the pressure option non-grayed out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Fixed.

I had the same problem. None of these posts worked for me.

It appears the tablet must be connected directly on your motherboard. Connecting it to a USB hub caused the problem for me.

Hope this works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 24, 2017 Feb 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am working in CC and had the same issue in illustrator, no pressure panel only random and fixed. Uninstall Wacom files and reinstall was the ticket!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 15, 2017 Jun 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What worked for me (win10 with installed newest wacom drivers) was open device manager, and with Illustrator still open and tablet pluged in, DISABELED, not uninstall wacom tablet device. After that, in Illustrator you can change the pressure settings. Finally, enable wacom tablet device back. Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines