• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Box Issue

New Here ,
Mar 22, 2018 Mar 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am creating a business card in Illustrator CC and when I place a text box with text the text is outside of the box a little bit. I am not sure what I may have done.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Barbara+Ash  wrote

The issue is with the font. When capital letters are typed they go beyond the box. Lower case stay within the box.

i don't think this is an 'issue'. it's just by default first baseline is usually set to Ascent, and since it's a caps font the ascenders sit at the same height as every other character. Set the baseline to Em box or Leading or whatever you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show us the Characters panel and the Appaearance panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Highlight the text and make sure that Baseline Shift is set to zero.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is less likely, but Area Type Options may be set to First Baseline: x Height.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree with Barbara, however, I sometimes find some typefaces do this depending on where you have purchased / downloaded them. Does this act the same with Myriad Pro or another default OS font? Just curious.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Attached is the screen. I have not tried different fonts yet. The font I am using came from Adobe Font Typekit , I think that is what it is called. I am new to Illustrator CC and am learning it as I go.

Again any help is greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A screen capture with the text selected would be helpful.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is with the font. When capital letters are typed they go beyond the box. Lower case stay within the box.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://forums.adobe.com/people/Barbara+Ash  wrote

i don't think this is an 'issue'. it's just by default first baseline is usually set to Ascent, and since it's a caps font the ascenders sit at the same height as every other character. Set the baseline to Em box or Leading or whatever you need.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2024 Jun 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, 

It seems like it might be an issue. I just faced this today and i tried changing fonts, files, creating new file etc. 
You can see how the text is totally not inside the box. 
I might have clicked something to make it like this? has this happened to you before?

Screen Shot 2024-06-08 at 11.05.56 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 08, 2024 Jun 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you show us the area text options and the Character panel (all options)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @yes-fresh-orange-juice,

We're still waiting for your response on this issue. Please update the discussion to let us know if it has been resolved or if you still need assistance.

Regards,
Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am such a dork. Sorry. Hope this is better.

Thanks again.

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have found that all of the Adobe Creative Cloud applications tends to get a bit quirky if I haven't restarted it for a while. Have you Quit Illustrator and restarted it by chance?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2018 Mar 23, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks everyone for their replies. I greatly appreciate all the help. I will look for a new font style.

Thanks

Mark

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines