• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Text Import Option

Community Beginner ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

help me.jpgI was saving a file in Illustrator 2022 when the electricity went out and my computer turned off. When I turned it on later and opened the file it had a "Text Import Option" error message. When I click "Ok" it opens a blank document.

TOPICS
Draw and design , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 14, 2022 Oct 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Power Outage when saving will almost certainly lead to file corruption.

Do you have a backup? If not, then why not?

The most important step now is to develop a backup strategy. You need to save files often and you need to save different versions so that this will not throw you off track in the future.

As for your file: maybe @Anshul_Saini can help you, but don't expect too much. They will try, but the power outage at this moment is just very very bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 21, 2022 Oct 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @sabroow,

Sorry for the delayed response. This error generally pops up when the file has gotten corrupted or opened directly from a network drive/ folder. If the file size on the disk is  < 1 MB, then it is corrupted and can't be recovered. If not, please share the file with us here or via DM, and we will try to recover it.

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,
Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much Mr. @Anshul Saini, I'm grateful with this message
Please would send me your mail for I'll send you this file, the illustrator file that is size on the disk is 6 MB, 
I hope you succeed,
Thanks & Regards,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Click on @Anshul_Saini to send a private message. Please include the email you have used to log on to this message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry how to attach my file here, i did try attach
but it always refuses to attach the file, sorry!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please use a DM to @Anshul_Saini . This forum does not accept direct links to .ai files. To attach here please use a file sharing app like Dropbox, Google or Adobe Cloud and place a  link to the file here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @sabroow,

Thanks for sharing the file over the DM. I checked the file, and it is not recoverable. There is no content in the file's body; even the header & footer were missing. It seems Illustrator was unable to save the file before your computer turned off.

I would suggest you follow Monika's suggestion going forward of having multiple backups and saving more often.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was Take some of your time and attention, Thank you anyway.. 

Regards,

sabroow

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines