• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

The operation can not be completed because of an unknown error. [IABD]

New Here ,
Jul 29, 2024 Jul 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having issues with a large Illustrator file. When I first open the file I get the error in this post subject and then I'll get a second error that says "An error occurred while processing the appearance of an object." I will also get the error in the subject when I try to use specific tools or commands. For example, when I try to reflect an object I'll get this error. I'll always get the error and sometimes the command won't work the first time but will work if I try it a few more times. I'm using 28.4.1 but this has been an issue for awhile now. I'm also on a Mac running MacOS 14.5. I have tried creating a copy of the file and resetting my preferences. I have also tried creating a new document and copying the content into that new file and still get the same error.

I do have a couple of objects that were copied from older documents. The objects are a grouping of gradients and PNGs that create the appearance of a spun metal texture. I'm wondering if that could be the issue.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2024 Jul 29, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you perhaps show a screenshot of this "couple of objects" inside the layers panel?

How much RAM is installed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2024 Jul 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a group of objects with a combination of shapes and path gradients. This group for sure is giving me issues and I can't seem to remember which other objects I'm having issues with. It's a pretty large document with a lot of groups and layers. I have 32gb of RAM.

Screenshot 2024-07-30 at 4.21.01 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 31, 2024 Jul 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @Jase R.,

We understand that encountering technical issues can be frustrating. Would you mind updating Illustrator to the latest version (https://adobe.ly/3WLhVy0) to check if it helps? If the problem persists, kindly share a public link to a sample file after uploading it to Dropbox/Google Drive/etc., and a screen recording of your workflow and the problem (https://adobe.ly/4d14ujp), so we can investigate this further.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 08, 2024 Aug 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using the latest version of Illustrator. Here are links to the screen recording and sample file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 08, 2024 Aug 08, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A lot of yoiur paths are close to invisible, but they have special appearances. Do you need those special appearances? What are they?

Screenshot 2024-07-30 at 4.21.01 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
11 hours ago 11 hours ago

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

They are small highlights and shadows intended to look like rounded edges on a product rendering. It looks like there were a few paths that were just a single dot or control point. It seems that after I deleted those I am not longer getting the same error.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines