Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Thin white line bewteen green and red

Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Would you mind helping me with the white line glitch at AI?

As an example, I made two shapes using green (R:0 G:161 B:81) and red (R:227 G:30 B:34).

GreenRed1.png

In the image above, you can see a thin white line between two colors.
Both colors do not fill the line, and I am certain that there is no gap between them.

(*I used outline view and zoom in to 64000% to check.)

On the right side, you can see two thin lines: a black line at the bottom and a white line at the top.

GreenRed3.png

GreenRed2.png

It would be greatly appreciated if you could give me this help, thanks.

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

The contrast of complementary colours can do odd things to our retinas when placed side-by-side. Orange and red have much less of a contrast.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here are the top left and bottom right of your image, zoomed to 12800% in Photoshop:

DougARoberts_0-1667466463224.png

DougARoberts_1-1667466476321.png

There is what i'd expect for antialiasing between red and green, but no black or white lines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. : )

There appears to be a very thin white line there.....could that be an illusion?@@

Screenshot 2022-11-03 at 9.30.49 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I can only see a slightly darker line, which I would put down to either my eyes adjusting to abutting complementary colours or my monitor pixels anti-aliasing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ray,

What happens if you ensure that the outer edges of both the red and the green objects have X and Y values that are whole numbers?

Hi Doug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your help.

As you suggested, I adjusted both shapes to whole numbers, and it seems to have the same result...

Meanwhile, I do another experiment using orange and red, and the white line has disappeared....

Screenshot 2022-11-03 at 2.19.20 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The contrast of complementary colours can do odd things to our retinas when placed side-by-side. Orange and red have much less of a contrast.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not see a white line, and neither did Doug. That means this issue is with your monitor.  You will need to go into the menu on your monitor and calibrate the alignment of your colors. There are buttons on your monitor to enter the tools.

Afterwards you additionally may wish to use the software in your OSto color calibrate. On windows click on the gear icon to enter windows settings and type calibrate. On mac, I believe it was in the control panel for color

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Thanks for your help.

My device is a MacBook Air 13" (M1 2020), default monitor settings.

Perhaps the color calibrate on my monitor is incorrect or perhaps my eyes aren't working properly XD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines