Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

TimeSensitive-Need to create segments within a linear spiral

Community Beginner ,
Apr 13, 2019 Apr 13, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,
I am a design student making a game board design and the 'path' for players to take is designed as a spiral.  I have already made a perfectly circular spiral line.  Now, I need to divide the little colored spaces that the players put their pieces on after rolling a dice.  I hope that makes sense.  I have tried using the polar grid tool, but it's not really working out for me.  I have also tried simply using straight line segments to create these segments, but that is obviously the worst possible way to execute this since the lines need to be equally spaced and angled correctly toward the center of the spiral.  Any suggestions?  I can try to explain further if needed. Thanks to all in advance!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Guide , Apr 13, 2019 Apr 13, 2019

The Script Distribute on the Path for Adobe Illustrator - Freebies - Vectorboom

Use the script to equally space some temporary markers,  and use these to help  draw in lines towards the centre,  to create segments. Switch to the Llive Paint Tool or the Shape Builder Tool if you need to make each  segment .a seperate object

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a sketch that shows what you have (spiral) and what you are going to do with it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is an early ROUGH draft (lol) and the sketch I'm working with.  The light grey segment is an example of the size I'd like each segment to be.  My issue is replicating the size and angle of that rectangular shape to fit in the spiral as it rotates. Thanks for the help!

gameboard_Jdenz.jpggamesketch.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Create an archimedian spiral and then use one of the methods mentioned in the other thread that has already been linked.

There is a script for the spiral s.h's page : Scripts for Adobe Illustrator CS

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Reminds me of this discussion:

Re: An evenly spaced board game path

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Script Distribute on the Path for Adobe Illustrator - Freebies - Vectorboom

Use the script to equally space some temporary markers,  and use these to help  draw in lines towards the centre,  to create segments. Switch to the Llive Paint Tool or the Shape Builder Tool if you need to make each  segment .a seperate object

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This idea is working great so far. Thank you for the suggestion!

Screen Shot 2019-04-13 at 6.58.06 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines