Exit

Toolbar effect options smaller than the others

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot (36).png

Screenshot (35).png

  My effects panel is small and not sure where to change the size, there's no option in UI settings

TOPICS
Feature request , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you change anything in your system monitor settings? Made UI elements larger or smaller? This might throw Illustrator off its path.

Apart from that: you can try and reset the Illustrator preferences (which will erase all your settings) https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two monitors, my main one is widescreen and the other is a smaller flat screen. On the widescreen, the effects drop-down options are normal size with the rest but when I switch over to the second monitor the effects drop-down gets significantly smaller than the others. I've kept the system settings on default on my main and the smaller one is on a game setting. I reset the preferences, restarted my PC, uninstalled and reinstalled illustrator and it still gives me that small effect dropdown menu. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately Illustrator reacts in surprising ways when you set up your monitor differently in the systems preferences. Maybe someone else has a bright idea to permanently solve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi @Art Moofin,

Thanks for reaching out. The product team is aware of this. The effects menu is programmatically drawn and doesn't use OS UI. It matches the main display's size (DPI & resolution) and will look different on different monitors with distinct resolutions & DPI. We have already logged a ticket with the product team to make the menu look similar to the latest OS UI look and feel across all the monitors & displays regardless of the DPI and resolution.

I hope this clarifies!

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines