Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Toolbox/Workspace changing every time Illustrator & InDesign is launched/open

Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2022 Mar 14, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

please help,

everytime i open one of my Adobe app:(indesign, illustrator) my tooboxes are in a new place.

how do you make em stick to the same place. 

{Renamed by Moderator}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @default_something,

Sorry to hear about the problem you are facing. I would request you to please share a few more details:

• OS and the exact version of Illustrator & InDesign
  • When did your start facing this issue? Have there been some changes made recently to your computer like a System Update / Antivirus / Plug-ins?
  • Are you facing this particular issue with new documents or all documents?
  • Have you tried resetting the preferences? If not, please try resetting the preferences and share your observation with us:
    For InDesign: https://helpx.adobe.com/indesign/kb/indesign-preferences-support-file-locations.html
    For Illustrator: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html

Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings, and InDesign/ Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• about 3-4 years ago

• its not about the documents is more about the UI. its happens when i open the app, the toolboxes are place new places.

• yes and updates and new computer and everything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2022 Mar 15, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here is a screendump from today when i open InDesign. you can clearly see the toolbox hidding in the upper right corner. The app open like this and i havent change screen or anything. plz help

screendump.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details. It looks like we need to troubleshoot this on a live session. I'd recommend you to connect with our technical support team (https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen ). The team here would be able to perform remote troubleshooting and assist you accordingly.

Regards,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2022 Mar 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

your answer dident help. and your link is pointing in another direction

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @default_something,

Sorry about that. Could you please click this link: https://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html?rghtup=autoOpen and let me know what happens?
It should show a small chat window in the right corner. Type your issue there, and it will take you to one of our support representatives.

111054522.jpeg

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 18, 2022 Mar 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

the chat window helped. thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines