Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Touch mode not working properly in Illustrator on Lenovo Yoga C940-14IL

New Here ,
Aug 11, 2021 Aug 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I've been trying to use touch mode with my Lenovo Yoga C940-14IL with no luck. In a previous update (2019–early 2021) this worked flawlessly, but for the last months, it does not.

Entering touch mode–and using the brush tool–an «x» appears over the pen symbol when approaching the screen. No drawing happens, but I will sometimes succeed in creating small dots. Sometimes I also create lines, but this is not consistent, and they don't show up until after the drawing motion with Real-time is completed.

I have Adobe Illustrator, Windows, and any pen drivers fully updated.
I have both enabled Real-time drawing and editing», resulting in the «x»-symbol over the brush cursor disappearing, but this does not change the erroneous behavior of the tool.

If I am not in touch mode the brush mode works well, but it is much less practical as you lose all touch controls.

The behavior is shown in the following video.

{Renmaed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

I was experiencing the same problem, so I played around with some settings and this one ultimately worked for me:

In Windows Settings > Bluetooth & Devices > Pen & Windows Ink - Uncheck "Let me use my pen as a mouse when it's available". This eliminated the lag I was experiencing.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 23, 2021 Aug 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. Could you please share a few more details like:

• The exact version of Illustrator
  • Were there any changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, or web extensions installed recently.
  • Does resetting Illustrator Preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html) help to resolve the issue?
    Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.
  • Does reinstalling/ disabling-enabling the touch screen driver from the control panel (https://support.lenovo.com/kr/en/solutions/ht502617) helps to resolve the issue?
  • Please check does it works properly if you roll back to the previous version of Illustrator now?

Also, you may try running the app in Safe Mode & Hidden Admin account and share your observation with us.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue with Illustrator. I've used other apps and it's not a problem. 

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this trouble. Could you please share a few more details like:

• The exact version of Illustrator
  • Were there any changes made to your system? For example, any antivirus, system updates, or web extensions installed recently.
  • Does resetting Illustrator Preferences (https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/setting-preferences.html) help to resolve the issue?
    Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all the custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. Location is mentioned in the article.
  • Does reinstalling/ disabling-enabling the touch screen driver from the control panel (https://support.lenovo.com/kr/en/solutions/ht502617) helps to resolve the issue?
  • Please check does it works properly if you roll back to the previous version of Illustrator now?

Also, you may try running the app in Safe Mode & Hidden Admin account and share your observation with us.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

By @Anshul_Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2022 Jul 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I was experiencing the same problem, so I played around with some settings and this one ultimately worked for me:

In Windows Settings > Bluetooth & Devices > Pen & Windows Ink - Uncheck "Let me use my pen as a mouse when it's available". This eliminated the lag I was experiencing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines