• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transform handles - need to zoom in to see all handles - any way to simulate old versions?

New Here ,
Jan 04, 2019 Jan 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, in the most current versions of Illustrator, I need to zoom in to access as many transform handles as were always available on the bounding box in CS6 which I stuck with for years. I've looked in prefs but haven't found the answer.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you include a screenshot?

Have you check this blog post? https://blog.astropad.com/resize-anchor-points-illustrator/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_5931 copy.jpgIMG_5932 copy.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried this with Illustrator CC 2019 using a .125 inch square. It appeared as you have shown when initially drawn with the screen view at default size for my monitor and as I enlarged (using Command+—Control+ on a PC) it still showed the handles like that until I passed 200% magnification. After that all handles are present and accounted for.

One immediate thought that occurs is that GPU Performance controls animated zoom. Look in the Performance section of your Illustrator preferences and see if GPU performance is available and enabled. If it is try turning it off. If it isn't try turning it on.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 06, 2019 Jan 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

do you mean to say that you cannot access the 'middle' handles when there is not enough room to display them?

I see the 'corner' handles in your screenshots.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 20, 2023 Jan 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

any solution found to this? I know exactly what you mean and I find it annoying too!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem. I used to work with cs6 for ages and now recently upgraded all the way to the last update.
It was better in the legacy versions, also the performance was better. I experience more lag and crashes now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 18, 2023 Oct 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you please show a screenshot? It's not clear if you are complaining about the size of the handles, the color of the edges (the path) or not all handles being visible at once.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. The second screenshot of the OP shows exactly the issue.
If you do not zoom hard enough, only the four corners of the bounding box is visible. You cannot manipulate the width or height, only scale diagonally which is very frustrating.
I have to zoom in a bit closer until the 4 extra handles appear (the ones in the in middle of each line).

The visibility of the edges and the shapes are fine.

I dont know if you can resize the handles so the tolerance of the disappearing is higher.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 31, 2023 Oct 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Thomas328105267u8w,

Thank you for sharing your concern regarding the transform handles in Illustrator. It appears that you're experiencing difficulty with the visibility of the handles when not zoomed in closely enough. In the latest versions, it might be designed to show only the four corner handles when the view is zoomed out to avoid clutter on the screen.

I understand that this change might be affecting your workflow, and you'd like to have all handles visible even at a moderate zoom level. While I don't have the capability to make immediate changes to the software, I will certainly pass this feedback along to our product team for their consideration.

It's important for us to know how our users are impacted by software changes, and your feedback helps us improve the product.

If you have any other questions, concerns, or feedback, please feel free to share, and I'll do my best to assist you.

Best regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines