• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transformation Box missing from top tool bar since re-installation

New Here ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently had to erase and reinstall my mac and since doing so, when using illustrator I'm missing the option within my top tool bar to select the fixed reference point for increasing / decreasing an object sizing. When I select transform its bring up the reference point box, however, I'm trying to work out how I can get this added back to appear semi-permenantly within the top tool bar to save me having to keep select the transform tab when resizing objects etc. See image attached indicating (small green rectangle) where it used to appear for clarity. Thanks in advancetool bar reference point position.jpg

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

The control bar is contextual; when you have a live shape (in this case a rectangle) selected, the Shape controls appear and take up space that is otherwise used by the Transform options. If there's not enough room for the Transform options, they collapse into the link visible there. If you'd rather always see Transform options and not Shape, you can deselect it from the Control bar options menu on the far right of the panel:

DougARoberts_0-1666258791272.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The control bar is contextual; when you have a live shape (in this case a rectangle) selected, the Shape controls appear and take up space that is otherwise used by the Transform options. If there's not enough room for the Transform options, they collapse into the link visible there. If you'd rather always see Transform options and not Shape, you can deselect it from the Control bar options menu on the far right of the panel:

DougARoberts_0-1666258791272.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines