• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transparency Issue

New Here ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, so I am having an issue with my opacity. Whenever I use the pen tool to create a shape and then select a color as a fill option and then set opacity to say 50% it just lightens the color. It does not make the shape transparent. I am relatively new to Illustrator and need help! Thank you. 🙂

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

LEGEND , May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Hi Maggie,

Thanks for reaching out. You can change the opacity of a single object, the opacity of all objects in a group or layer, or the opacity of an object’s fill or stroke. Please find more information on help article https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/transparency-blending-modes.html for more information about it.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

In addition to the good information above, It's important to understand the difference between opacity, tint and overprinting, and how they can work in combination to produce a desired effect. You are probably adjusting the tint value of your shape where you probably want to go to Window> Transparency> Opacity.

transparency Tint Overprint.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maggie,

Thanks for reaching out. You can change the opacity of a single object, the opacity of all objects in a group or layer, or the opacity of an object’s fill or stroke. Please find more information on help article https://helpx.adobe.com/in/illustrator/using/transparency-blending-modes.html for more information about it.

Hope it helps.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In addition to the good information above, It's important to understand the difference between opacity, tint and overprinting, and how they can work in combination to produce a desired effect. You are probably adjusting the tint value of your shape where you probably want to go to Window> Transparency> Opacity.

transparency Tint Overprint.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines