• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Transparency

Community Beginner ,
Dec 17, 2016 Dec 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I place a png with transparent background into Illustrator the transparency knocks out everything behind the image, but I want the transparent areas to show the black background behind the image, but the transparency goes through this too, what is going on?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Objects have no default background in Illustrator. In any areas of transparency, you will see the (white) artboard by default. If you want to see black behind transparent areas of your image, create a black rectangle and position it behind your image (lower in the stacking order in the Layers panel).

Screenshot 2016-12-17 11.38.41.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which system, which version?

How exactly do you get the PNG into Illustrator?

Which application saved the PNG with which options?

Are you sure, it's transparent?

Please show a screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created a black rectangle behind the object, that's the problem, the transparency shows through that too.

I'm using CC 2017, I've tried all the different ways, placing, linking, opening. Photoshop saved the png with transparency, I've tried all the different ways of saving it here too.

To illustrate here's a screenshot. You can see how the transparent areas cut through everything instead of showing the black background.

2016-12-17_18-54-58.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is this? a clipping mask?

Please describe precisely what you have built there. Show screnshots of the layers panel as well.

Edit: check if you activated "knockout group" somewhere

- if the a clipping mask: for the clipping group

- or the layer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

just created a new file and copied the lot, works fine now, no idea why.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines