• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trouble with variable data and batch export.

New Here ,
Jan 03, 2022 Jan 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a project to for 260 tags which all have a number that changes. I am trying to export the file so I can have the different numbers on serperate pdf files (260 unique pdf files). I created a spread sheet file to import for the variable data. This seems to have worked succesfully.  When I try to export a pdf using the actions/batch process recommended by adobe and every other tutorial Illustrator just continously overwrites the files for the new save instead of creating a new file. Any idea what I may be doing wrong?

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 04, 2022 Jan 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How exactly is everything set up?

Especially your batch settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem, data work all OK, but when trying to save work as PDF, I cannot get info from Data Set, it mentions no options, and if go ahead it keeps resaving the same file for as many data entries I have, in my case around 101.

Did you get any further within this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 26, 2023 Jun 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Found what I was doing wrong, I cannot use "save as" as batch action, I need to use "Save a Copy" instead, and then it saves as many files as lines on the data set, as expected.

Thanks to @ChristianDA for compiling a very helpful PDF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines