• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Turning text into shape for outline then bringing it to front of Logo design Help please

New Here ,
Feb 13, 2017 Feb 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I am designing a Logo for my Business and am having to teach myself Illustrator within a very tight timeframe. I have learned how to outline text with stroke to make wording look good by converting the text to an object rather than as text type as it gives a much smarter finish, but I am then struggling with moving the finished object to the Logo as it puts the wording across but it goes white across the logo for the part that is on the rest of logo. I have tried to ungroup the layers of entire design and then highlight the word object and bring to front but it doesn't work. I have tried CTRL X and CTRL F and still same problem. I really need this finished asap as need to send Logo to Business card maker.

Anyone who can help me pleeeeeeease. Thanks so much.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want the wavy edge that surrounds the entire ribbon banner just on the horizontal of the banner not on the cuts. the < part cut edge should be sleek not with the wavy design in also currently has..

You need to show the outline view.

depends on how the piece has been built.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Monika, If you look at the image with the Layer panel in post 22, you can see the two tag ends of the banner as the bottom two items. The easiest way would be to add another stroked line with the dotted pattern above those two pieces with the anchor point and the "V" removed and then grouped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So the illustration is OK?

Now what's good is that your problem doesn't seems to be a complex hierachy. The text is at the top.

You now need to check just the text. There is a stroke applied and most probably transparency. You need to turn off transparency.

And then the stroke needs to be behind the white fill. You need to do that in the appearance panel. You can just move the red stroke behind the white text. There should be 3 Transparency (Opacity ,I'm not sure how exactly it's called in the English panel) settings: for the object and for each stroke or fill.

You need to set all of them to "Normal" and "100 %"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They already were all at normal and 100% as had checked that in early stages but thank you so much for tips as you are not to know what I had checked already. Really appreciate all help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe get a free Dropbox account and upload the illustrator file to there, then put a link to it  here,

I'm sure someone can sort it out easier and quicker that way

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Lol thanks for that Ray. Good idea. I have kind of sorted the crimping issue thanks, except that I only want it top and bottom of the banner not sides. Keeping trying with these problems. Its just consuming hours of my time when i really have other things that are overdue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Its just consuming hours of my time when i really have other things that are overdue.

Yes, that is to be expected when you jump into a project and try to learn Illustrator on the fly at the same time!

All the same, you've learned a lot quickly, it appears, even though it's been in bits and pieces.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines