• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Twist effect on text giving double text

New Here ,
Feb 24, 2022 Feb 24, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am using the twist effect on some text, but after I apply it, it keeps showing double text, the twisted text on top of the original text. What am I doing wrong?

Linda23318403dj3o_0-1645720863862.png

TOPICS
Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

New Here , Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Thank you for your replies. It must have been some glich. I had tried restarting both the program and my computer, but it still had the double image. After seeing your messages this morning, I decided to see if I could replicate the problem with a new text field. I also was unable to replicate it, because it worked perfectly this time, lol. 

All I did was create the text field, type in my text, and then went to add new effect, distort and transform, and then twist. You can choose the angle of th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Good that the problem was easily solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, Linda,

I am unable to replicate your result. Could you please explain exactly the steps you went through that got you to this point?

Thanks,
Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not able to replicate the problem either. There may be a problem with the installation.

You could try closing and reoping Illustrator.

If that doesn't work, you could try resetting preferences or even uninstalling and reinstalling the application.

I'd also like to know the steps that you used to get that effect. It looks kind of interesting!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 25, 2022 Feb 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your replies. It must have been some glich. I had tried restarting both the program and my computer, but it still had the double image. After seeing your messages this morning, I decided to see if I could replicate the problem with a new text field. I also was unable to replicate it, because it worked perfectly this time, lol. 

All I did was create the text field, type in my text, and then went to add new effect, distort and transform, and then twist. You can choose the angle of the twist. I like using this to add whimsy to my text!

Here is what it should look like:

Linda23318403dj3o_1-1645800384537.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good that the problem was easily solved!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ah, yes! Sometimes a fresh start is all we need!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 26, 2022 Feb 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Do you still have your "problem file"?
You may have unknowingly assigned a second fill to your text (or group or layer). And only this fill got the effect.

But this could only be seen if you give us your file or a screenshot of the selected text field with open appearance panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines