• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Type looks jagged/pixelated inside Illustrator

Community Beginner ,
Mar 01, 2013 Mar 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having a tuff time searching around for solutions on this. Just bought a new Dell U2412M. Maybe I'm nit-picking too much, but my type in Illus looks slightly pixelated on the curves. I have anti-aliasing turned on in the pref and I'm zoomed at 100. Is there a way inside Illus I can fix this? Or is it just the limitations of my monitor?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Beginner , Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

For me, I turned off the GPU Performance on the performance tab and it

works fine now. I too thought my laptop would be plenty but alas this was

the fix I found.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

I couldn't figure out why my text was pixelated for the longest time. Finally in the View tab make sure "Overprint Preview" and "Pixel Preview" are not selected.

Screen Shot 2018-12-06 at 8.50.19 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2013 Mar 01, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does ti look that way in all apps?

http://www.microsoft.com/typography/cleartype/tuner/step1.aspx

View >> Pixel Preview (OFF)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 03, 2013 Mar 03, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the reply. Neither of these options fixes the problem. Then again, maybe it's my monitor? It looks as though the same text/font is much cleaner in photoshop. Much cleaner in InDesign as well.

This would suck if it were my monitor as I just have a new Dell UltraSharp U2412M. Should have held out for retina I am now thinking to myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, could you possibly post a screen shot of this pixellation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You may also try going to Illustrator > Preferences > General and making sure the Anti-aliased artwork box is checked.

Screen Shot 2013-03-03 at 10.19.57 PM.png

Screen Shot 2013-03-03 at 10.18.49 PM.png

Without the box checked:

Screen Shot 2013-03-03 at 10.18.22 PM.png

With the box checked:

Screen Shot 2013-03-03 at 10.18.53 PM.png

I hope this helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 25, 2013 Apr 25, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So back at it. Somtimes I can get by... but I've got to figure this out. Either I need a new monitor or video card... or my eyes are going topot. I do have anti-aliasing turned on.

Untitled-4.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 29, 2013 Apr 29, 2013

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What scale is that screenshot 100%? What happens when you zoom in further.

View >> Pixel Preview (Uncheck)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 03, 2015 Sep 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I'm having the same problem (I'm using a iMac), but this does not change anything or changing the pixel preview view. My college has the same problems with different artworks and a pc. InDesign isn't clear at 100% either. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 05, 2017 Nov 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, i've been suffering with the same issue and there's nothing about my laptop that justifies what's happening. This thing is killing me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

phxs  schrieb

Hi there, i've been suffering with the same issue and there's nothing about my laptop that justifies what's happening. This thing is killing me.

Please show.

It's couple of years later, so likely it's not the same issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Monika,

Thanks for the quick response. I apologize if i commented in the wrong topic, but i am having this problem with some triangle shapes in a logo i'm designing with Illustrator CC 2018, but after trying multiple things, i realized that the color is making the shapes look jagged. The 100% black in the CMYK palette and the dark colors on Pantone + Solid Coated seems to be causing this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Without seeing it, nobody will be able to comment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the fix I found.

On Sun, Nov 5, 2017 at 10:51 AM, Monika Gause <forums_noreply@adobe.com>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 06, 2017 Nov 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

the fix I found.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 15, 2018 Jul 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks that worked like a charm for me 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I was having the same issue.

For me it was specifically the text that was "blurry" at certain zoom percentages. Not quite pixelating but "blurry" or just going wonky.

I too turned off my GPU settings but this only minorly helped, however, I did notice a difference elsewhere than the fonts issues.

MY SOLUTION:

In the character panel with 'show options' selected. Change the character anti-aliasing.

Mine was set to 'Crisp"

Changing to 'Sharp' or 'Strong' fixed issue.

Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 06, 2018 Dec 06, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't figure out why my text was pixelated for the longest time. Finally in the View tab make sure "Overprint Preview" and "Pixel Preview" are not selected.

Screen Shot 2018-12-06 at 8.50.19 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 06, 2022 Sep 06, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

*THIS* was it for me. All the other suggestions I had tried. But unchecking pixel preview is what worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2021 Nov 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Anyone have an answer to this? I've also tried all the suggestions here and nothing works. My graphics look terrible! 😞 pixel_test.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, nothing suggested worked. I though vectors don't give us this pixelated garbage which is why I used that method. But all I've got now is hot garbage, please help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 04, 2022 Oct 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, nothing suggested worked. I though vectors don't give us this pixelated garbage which is why I used that method. But all I've got now is hot garbage, please help.

By @Eric26207446928p

You are answering a thread from 2013.

Please create a new one.

Post information on your system and Illustrator version.

Also under which circumstances you see what you cann garbage.

And also: a screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah it worked for me too I just hope when I print out the picture in my dtf printer the letters will look the same. Has anyone printed out letters pixelated and then changed this option and they come out fine now. Just asking ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2023 Oct 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try and print a PDF from Acrobat.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines