• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Type on path not working properly on Illustrator 2021 (v 25.2.2)

Community Beginner ,
Apr 18, 2021 Apr 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The last version of Illustrator has issues with text around circles.

Opening files created with the last version, the texts around circles are non anymore in place.

Havé you the same issues ?

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Bug , Tools , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Hi all,

Sorry about the trouble this issue has caused. We've fixed this in the latest release. Please update Illustrator to v25.2.3  to get this fixed. Here's a link with more details: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/43187394-bug-texte-curviligne

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Dec 16, 2021 Dec 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti!

I am having the same problem in version 26.0.1. Do I need to download an older version of illustrator?

See the circle in the attached screen shot, and how much text should be appearing below....

Thanks,

Allie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Apr 22, 2021 Apr 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All AI files that I've reopened after latest Illustrator update (25.2.2) that have type on a circular path have been subject to some of this type having moved position. This appears to be regardless of what font has been used. This is annoying as I am having to go in and reposition the text, by using the handles with direct-select tool. Anybody else experience this issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes this is happening to me too and is very frustrating!! I have 100 packs with a circular path now and I am now having to spend time that I do not have to rectify this. Please sort this issue out Adobe!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be better to revert to the previous version and when delivering files to a customer give them a version with outlined text.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have noticed a strange bug that has never happened before. When I re-open an Illustrator file the text that I've put on a path has done a 180 degree turn. See screen shot.

I have the latest Illustrator.

Not sure if others have had the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep here for same reason its very annoying

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 20, 2021 Apr 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This latest version of Illustrator 25.2.2 has started flipping text on paths when I open files that were only created last version. I know it's an easy fix but very frustrating when you have multiple text on paths in one document and they've all been messed up and flipped. Please fix this glitch!!!!!!
Screen Shot 2021-04-21 at 2.45.19 pm.pngScreen Shot 2021-04-21 at 2.44.36 pm.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 21, 2021 Apr 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Apr 19, 2021 Apr 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just updated to Illustrator 25.2.2. I've opened files I was working on yesterday and type on circular paths has moved, so for example, where it was aligned top centre of the circle it now appears near the bottom of the circle with half the type missing (as if someone has just dragged an alignment handle round the circle about 100 degrees. Has anyone else experienced this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This bug was mentioned a few times.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator/text-around-circles/m-p/11977316#M272728

You may want to install a previous version until fixed and mention it here:

https://illustrator.uservoice.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: We have tried to fix this issue in our latest beta buid. Please open Creative Cloud Desktop app, click on Beta apps and install Illustrator (PreRelease) version.

image (7).png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 23, 2021 Apr 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, thank you, but for now I'm sticking with the old one until the problem is resolved. have a good day

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 26, 2021 Apr 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for this question, I feel the need to ask:
apart the fact that not everyone has access to prerelease versions,
why is the bugged version still online? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 16, 2021 Apr 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After update. Type on path on a circle rotate -90˚ when open file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Arthur,

Sorry to hear about your experience. 

We have tried to address this issue in our Prerelease build of 25.2.2.
Please visit adobe.ly/1o2SDsg to join our prerelease program and get the Prerelease build of version 25.2.2 from CCD “Prerelease” tab in Categories section.

Please do let us know if this issue is resolved for you or not.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Apr 30, 2021 Apr 30, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Solved in the latest update to 25.2.3

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 01, 2021 May 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Sorry about the trouble this issue has caused. We've fixed this in the latest release. Please update Illustrator to v25.2.3  to get this fixed. Here's a link with more details: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-desktop-bugs/suggestions/43187394-bug-te...

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

why is yours maked the correct answer - I have that version and still no HANDLES!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 06, 2021 May 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is not a post about a problem with handles, please create a new post with a description of your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 03, 2021 Aug 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

v25.2.3 is even worse! Still not fixed at all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2021 May 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My path wont let me move my text where I need it? When is this bug getting fixed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Apr 24, 2021 Apr 24, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I reopen my illustrator file, containing "Text on a path" items, all the text changed position and are now upside down. But before saving it, everything was fine. It's only when I close it and reopen the file. Any help please?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines