• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

type rags differently in preview than outline

Explorer ,
Feb 07, 2017 Feb 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The line breaks on the script type changes when i toggle between Preview and Outline modes.

This is not the first time i've noticed this. it has happened previously, on different computers, at different locations, with different fonts and styles on CC 2015.5 and CC 2017.

suggestions?

is this a known bug? a font issue? which mode do i trust for editing? how can i avoid this in the future?

TypeFail.gif

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WIthout examining a demo file, nobody will be able to solve this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'll see if I can provide one. I just thought this might be a known issue since it has occurred a number of times across multiple machines. Figured I couldn't be the only person to have experienced it, bout I may be the only one bringing the issue to the forum.

when I've experienced it previously, it would take the form of me making an edit to a word in outline mode and that change wouldn't display in preview mode. i'd save the file, close it, reopen it and preview and outline mode were compatible again. My point being that saving a demo file might not reproduce this issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This happens to me also – kind of, my Outline displays the currect Text, Preview shows the previous text. Pasting in a vectored graphic or restarting fixes this. Still annoying however 5 years later.

Using MacOS Big Sur 11.6.2, Illustrator 26.0.3. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2022 Jan 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Object > Flatten transparency (check "Outline text") work better?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2022 Jan 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try that next time I notice but normally we only outline and expand appearance once the artwork is signed off to create a Press File, but what is the difference between Object > Flatten transparency (select "Convert all Text to Outlines") AND Type > Create Outlines Command-Shift-O)? (which seems quicker to me 😛 )

But like I said, pasting in some object from another file seems to fix the issue, just weird how this is still a thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but what is the difference between Object > Flatten transparency (select "Convert all Text to Outlines") AND Type > Create Outlines Command-Shift-O)? (which seems quicker to me 😛 )

By @Neopod

Flatten transparency causes fewer issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It is a situation that I encounter more in script fonts. I think it has to do with the font.

Graphic Designer Educator / PrePress Consultant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines