• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

type tool glitch lorem ipsum

Explorer ,
Nov 08, 2016 Nov 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

when i use the type tool in 2017 Illustrator it pastes lorem ipsum??

why??

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's just  placeholder text.

Alternatively referred to as dummy text or filler text, placeholder text is text that is used to preview fonts, spoof an e-mail spam filter, or reserve a specific place on a web page or other document for images, text, or some other object. For example, designer of an online newsletter may have a template that they fill with dummy text so they can get an idea of how to layout a page looks. One of the most common filler texts is lorem ipsum.

What is placeholder text?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you , i understand the concept, but i did not have this in previous version ,2015 illustrator.  is there a way to bypass this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Preferences > Type. You'll recognize the option.

Bildschirmfoto 2016-11-08 um 19.52.38.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you monika , i saw that...and unclicked fill new type with placeholder text..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2017 Jan 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I intend this comment for the adobe designers who decided to make this action a default.

Users asked adobe to add lorem ipsum IN A PANEL.

No one wanted or expected the type tool to suddenly fill lorem ipsum BY DEFAULT.

it is not "EASY". It is a goddamned nuisance. Unchecking the preference DOES NOT HOLD AS A PERMANENT PREFERENCE. Unchecking the preference while no projects are open does not make it a global permanent preference.

If you want to add this, and you won't give it as a controlled choice in a panel, do THAT as a preference change, NOT AS A DEFAULT.

who thought this was helpful?

have you all lost your minds? When are you going to stop toying with your users? Your arrogance and hubris continue to impede workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

k7000 wrote:

Unchecking the preference DOES NOT HOLD AS A PERMANENT PREFERENCE. Unchecking the preference while no projects are open does not make it a global permanent preference.

Unchecking the preference setting works fine for me, even after restarting the program or the system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe you have a permissions problem saving your preferences file.

Do other preferences changes hold?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your suggestion. It does not work for me. Other changes in the preferences do remain, but not this one.

I am glad it works for you. That gives me some hope.

Part of my anger is that this was made a DEFAULT setting for a most important tool. It could so easily have NOT been the default, and all these people would not be having problems. I'm referring to all the people complaining on various sites around the internet, not just here on this adobe forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 28, 2017 Jan 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

k7000 schrieb:

have you all lost your minds? When are you going to stop toying with your users? Your arrogance and hubris continue to impede workflow.

95% of users in this forum are not Adobe staff. You might get better answers in this forum and a better karma if you just stop calling us names.

As for the preferences setting: for me it works as well.

Looks like you've got a problem with your preferences file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not addressing the forum members.

I am expressing my opinion about the choice of a default setting. If we as a community or society are not free to criticise in strong terms, what freedom do we have? No matter what problems I may have with preferences, the fact remains that this action of the type tool was set as a default, and that is a decision I fundamentally disagree with... This is a complaint I hear from all of my colleagues.

I mean no affront to you, Monika. I am expressing my opinion of Adobe's product development choice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are free to critizise anything, but then please do address the right people.

"Have you all lost your minds" is addressing all the users of this forum.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I started my criticism by explaining it was directed at the product designers who made this tool state a default.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 07, 2019 Aug 07, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I am with you, and so is the small publications staff that I work with. I feel like Adobe has lost their minds slowly over the years (been using Adobe apps for a good 20 years or more), turning what was once a very professional suite of products with a professional interface, with a new setup that resembles Playskool. And this Lorem Ipsum junk is just annoying and downright snooty. I feel like someone let their little kids tweak all the Adobe programs.  Been waiting for years for consistency in design, but that isn't going to happen.
You have every right to vent about this, I hear it multiple times every week. It's downright daft.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines