• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to accurately distribute point text objects that have been rotated.

New Here ,
Jun 24, 2024 Jun 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Help! I have come across this many times. I am unable to horizontally distribute text labels that have been rotated. They distribute, but not accurately. The labels originates from various data visualization software apps. They have the same paragrah settings.  I'm using Illustrator 2024 and the align/distribute tools. Thanks for any help!

Screen Shot 2024-06-24 at 2.45.55 PM.png

TOPICS
Draw and design , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jun 25, 2024 Jun 25, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Tami,

How about this?

With all the labels in strict stacking order (first at bottom (or at top)), and based on the top right:

1) Position the first label as desired;

2) With the first label from as key object, align all the labels to top right, then lock the first label;

3) Move the set right by the desired distance (that between the marks), then lock the first of the remaining labels, and repaeat until all are moved.

I believe you can use action/script to make it easier, and I beieve one of our actioning/scripting friends can give a hand.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines