• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to attach Adobe Illustrator files from attach files via link adobe plugin on Outlook

New Here ,
May 22, 2023 May 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Adobe Community,

I have a person who is trying to attach a Adobe Illustrator file (.ai) using the adobe plug in, that allows them to "attach file via link" for Outlook:

When they do it for Adobe Illustrator files (.ai files) they get this error: "Adobe Document Cloud does not currently support your attachment's file type" 

Currently the user is able to use the share via link plug in Adobe method for .pdf files, and other file types. This means if the same .ai file is converted to a pdf file, they can attach it using the via link plug in method.

You can also attach the file into the email the default way in Outlook, this works for all file types and even .ai files

They were able to last use this method of attaching a .ai file via link on 3/3/2023

On the adobe community there is a active discussion on a same error which was posted on 4/7/2023 but for .psd files - https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-discussions/error-adobe-document-cloud-does-not-currently-sup...

The work around I gave the person was that I was able to open the .ai file in Adobe Illustrator and save the file as a illustrator template format (.ait file instead), once I downloaded the the file as .ait I was able to attach that file via link using the plug in method

So my question is, has anyone experienced this issue? Was there a backend change where the "Attach file via link" on Outlook does not work anymore for .ai files?

I have also included screenshots for a better understanding. 

TOPICS
Import and export , SDK , Third party plugins

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
no replies

Have something to add?