Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unable to copy/paste path from photoshop

Explorer ,
Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Unable to copy path from photoshop into illustrator.

The other way around works fine. Also dragging the shape from photoshop into illustrator works fine.

Is there an option in the options bar or preferences I am missing?

The process: Copying a path while on the path/shape layer (using sub selection or the selection tool), moving to the illustrator file, "paste" shows a copy of recent copied text from other applications. The paste command doesnt even bring up the "paste options" window.

illustrator  cc2017 21.1.0

photoshop cc2017 18.1.2

os - windows 7

Thank you,

T

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 29, 2018 Jan 29, 2018

Just to check—the export clipboard preference (General category) in Photoshop is enabled? As you've deleted the prefs it's unlikely to be changed but just worth a shot—I've known stranger behaviours.

The only other thing I can think of is that there is a mask on the active layer when you copy; if that's the case, make another layer (without a mask) active before you execute the copy command.

Hope that helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert , May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Hey Michael

This should work the way that it always has. Select the path with the Path Selection Tool and copy, then paste in Illustrator and choose from the two path options. I've just checked here and it's working as expected.

If you're still experiencing problems, then it may be that you have a corrupted preference setting in Photoshop or Illustrator. It may help to reset your preferences: How to set preferences in Illustrator (and the operation should be identical for Photoshop).

It's quite rar

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2022 May 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all,

Take a look at the following article to move designs between Photoshop and Illustrator for a different workflow that suits your design objectives: https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/move-designs-between-photoshop-illustrator.html

Also, if you are looking to work with Illustrator design in Photoshop? See this: https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/use-illustrator-artwork-in-photoshop.html

Hope it helps.

Thanks,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines