• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to draw with a pen on touch screen on Windows

New Here ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been wanting to create free hand drawings in illustrator using a lenovo yoga touch screen and a corresponding pen. but neither in touch mode nor in other workspace options can i draw - sometimes lines show up, sometimes they don't and sometimes they even delete themselves without me doing anything different. it is really exhausting drawing like this as you never know whether your lines are showing up or not...i appreciate any suggestions / help on my issue!

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Aug 21, 2020 Aug 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you confirm the version of your software and operating system?

Also, does the pen work correctly in other applications?

Have you tried to use the Touch workspace? https://helpx.adobe.com/ie/illustrator/using/illustrator-touch-workspace.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry to hear about this. In addition to what Eric has suggested, I'd recommend updating your OS, Adobe Illustrator and other related drivers(GPU/Touch) to the latest version.

You may also try creating a new user account and see how app is performing there. Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 28, 2020 Aug 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which specific Tools have you used in illustrator?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

paint bruch and athers please help us if you have a solution

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem!
New Lenovo Yoga and newest Illustrator.
I have the same problems, AND I can't see what I'm drawing because the line first shows up after I lift the pen. So its like drawing in the dark...
Any ideas?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 01, 2021 Apr 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also have the Yoga and latest Illustrator. I haven't been able to use the touch screen without skipping and delays. It's basically been unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2021 Nov 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Any resolution on this? I have a Lenovo Yoga and illustrator. I have tried every suggestion that I can find and still have issues but its only when I use the stylus. I can't figure out if it is the pen itself or illustrator. Any help would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2021 Nov 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have anyone found a solution yet - I have the exact same problem, and nothing works. Hope that someone have an idea how to fix it, or can tell me if this is a lost cause and I should just stop trying?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same problem with Lenovo Yoga.
After 3 months both Lenovo support and I gave up and I got the money back.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same issue here, I have an IdeaPad. It only draws sometimes, and it makes the pen unusable (the only reason I bought it was for Illustrator).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had the same issue and I just searched for an updated Wacom driver for my Lenovo pen and it works as it should now. My Lenovo laptop wasn't updating the driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 04, 2022 Jul 04, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And me too. It's useless with Ilustrator? Why?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 01, 2023 Feb 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello @Ericadyson,

Sorry to hear about this experience. Would you mind reinstalling the Tablet/Pen drivers (if any) and turning off Windows Ink in the settings to check if it helps?

If the issue persists, kindly share some more details, like the exact version of the OS/Illustrator, system configuration (CPU/GPU/Memory/Display Monitors/Pen or Tablet device), and a screen recording of the problem (https://community.adobe.com/t5/illustrator-discussions/screen-record-an-issue-on-windows-amp-macos-f...), so that we can investigate this further.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines