Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to import settings: Settings in the file do not match the current locale

Explorer ,
Apr 28, 2020 Apr 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there!

Ever since I use AI (almost 10 years) I swear to God import settings has been my karma and I've never been able to import my previous settings, no kidding, not once, not ever.

I get the error: Settings in the file do not match the current locale. I have just refreshed my PC so the version (the latest) is the same I had 2 days ago.

TOPICS
Bug , Import and export , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 24, 2020 May 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which language is Illustrator set to?

Which language does the system have?

Unfortunately migrating preferences has caused a lot of issues when updating Illustrator, so is not recommended.

If you want to put the other things in the settings folder to their locations, you can unpack the settings and then move the files where they belong manually.

https://www.vektorgarten.de/illustrator-settings.html

To unpack the settings file, add the extension .zip to it and then unpack it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 19, 2022 Feb 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Monika GauseHello,

Just for checking my Export-Import limitation, I manually deleted the folder: Users → User Name → AppData → Roaming → Adobe → Adobe Illustrator 26 Settings and tried to import the settings inside the Adobe Illustrator Application. It worked for me and successfully imported all the previous settings. N.B: The exported folder was from the same System (PC).

But when I try to import the settings into another PC, it doesn't work and shows the massage as Mr. @Piter1288  told. But I am using the same Version of Adobe Illustrator in both PC's.

N.B: I am using Adobe Illustrator 2022 v26.0.1.731 in Both System (PC's).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 21, 2022 Feb 21, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it the same language in both systems?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 22, 2022 Feb 22, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Same language (en_US) in both systems.

Is there any other way / solution ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 23, 2022 Feb 23, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Monika Gause ,

I think you are right. Language is different.

In the "Adobe Illustrator 26 Settings" folder, in one System the folder name is "en_GB" and in other system folder name is "en_US". That's the cause I guess.

So, If i change the laguage in another PC the problem will be solved. Right ?

How can I chage the language ?

For both system I have checked the language inside the control panel, it's English (US) in both. Screenshot attached.

Language.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have to install Illustrator in the correct language. It would be best to first uninstall, then change the install language in the Creative Cloud app and then install. That will set up the folders.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Great.

That worked.
Thanks a lot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad you could solve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Aug 09, 2023 Aug 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I totally agree. Just installed the new Illustrator beta and all my settings are gone again. This is probably the 100 times I have to recreate all my settings in Adobe apps. When I try to move settings from my normal Illustrator to beta, it starts squabbling about "not the right locale" aso. Why have settings Import / Export if it doesnt work?

I wish Adobe would realize that it is such a nuissance to recreate settings every single time a new app version comes out. Also, there is absolutely NO WARNING, when or if settings are wiped out. Sometimes settings are retained, sometimes they get wiped. Settings are important for workflow and efficiency. But it seems that developers and product managers at Adobe havent fully grasped the concept yet. 

If at least I would get warned before installing an app, that the install will wipe out my settings. But no. It just happens. 

Regaring locale: I only have US versions installed, yet it refuses to important settings. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 21, 2023 Aug 21, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I will preface this by saying I did this 5-minutes ago, and it worked, but have just started working on a file. I went here: Users → User Name → AppData → Roaming → Adobe. I changed the filename for Adobe Illustrator 27.10.0 Beta Settings to Adobe Illustrator 27.10.0 Beta Settings-z. I then copied and pasted the folder for the last version I have where I know the settings worked, Adobe Illustrator 27 Settings. I renamed that to Adobe Illustrator 27.10.0 Beta Settings to replace the beta folder settings. I opened Illustrator Beta, and bam, all of my settings were there except for the ones I've licensed and have to install separately. I don't have a crazy amount of added stuff, so I can't comment on that, but at least this may get you closer to your end goal with a lot less headache than redoing everything.

Hope this helps 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines