• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to save files in Illustrator CC 2019 on mac OS Catalina

New Here ,
Oct 11, 2019 Oct 11, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just updated my MacOS to Catalina and now I'm using Adobe Illustrator CC 2019 but my files won't save. I tried going to the File menu > Save or Save As or Save as Copy and the keyboard shortcuts, it does not work. The dialogue box does not show up. 

I tried:

- to look for new updates, there are none.

- restart my laptop and restart the computer - still not working.

- I tried force quitting Illustrator to try to save the recovered file - not working too.

Someone help please!

{Renamed by MOD}

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you allow Illustrator to write to your disk? You need to enable that in Catalina.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your response! Do you happen to know where I can enable that? There was a prompt to allow Illustrator to do something but not to write to my disk.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try the info window for Illustrator in the Finder

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried changing the permissions to Read & Write. Still not working. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly where are you trying to save? If not on the local disk, try that. The weekend is nearing, so if you need this solved, please contact customer care, only they can login to your system and try to find out. http://helpx.adobe.com/contact.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unfortunately, a version of Creative Cloud that is specifically compatible with Catalina has not been released as yet. Since Apple does not share the coding requirements with third party software makers prior to release there is no way to have a compatible version of Creative Cloud ready to coincide with Apple's official release. Also, many issues that arise need Apple to make a bug fix which is also out of Adobe's hands. The best course of action is usually to wait until the dust has cleared after the new OS comes out before installing it. That gives Adobe time to come out with its best shot of compatibility and Apple time to release patches to the OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 14, 2019 Oct 14, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Got it, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jazel,

We are so sorry to hear about this issue. This has been reported by a few other users as well. I would request if you can upvote this issue here: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/38772067-can-t-save-fil...

This is the best way of communicating with the Engineering and Product Management teams regarding issues and suggestions so they can be implemented in future releases.

As a workaround, please try saving the document by following this method. 

Go to Files > Scripts > SaveDocsAsPDF

clipboard_image_2.png

Also, could you please confirm if you are using MacBook Pro Touch Bar? If yes, please go to System Preferences > Keyboard and check if you see the Touchbar options? We have noticed that user's who are using MacBook Pro Touch Bar are getting this issue more.

clipboard_image_3.png

All this information will help us investigating this issue and fix it as soon as possible.

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Srishti, thanks for your response. The script worked but is there a way that I can save the Ai file? Confirming that I am using a Macbook Pro Touch Bar. I did go to the System preferences for keyboards and I do see the touchbar options.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jazel,

Thanks for sharing the details. We would also need the spx file from your system. To share spx file from MAC please try following these steps:

• Click on Apple Icon > About this Mac > System Report  
  • This will launch the System Profiler 
  • Then Click File > Save > Save in Creative Cloud Files 
  • Then open www.assets.adobe.com 
  • Click on three dots next to spx file > Share > Copy Link and paste it in Private message I just sent you.

• clipboard_image_0.png

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 16, 2019 Oct 16, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Done, please see my response. Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the details. I will pass it on to our Product team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm experiencing the very same issue. If you need a System Report from me too, please send the link.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry to hear about that. I have sent you the link, please share the SPX file there.

Regards

Rishabh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Apologies for the inconvenience caused to you due to this issue. We have tried to address it in our beta build. Please take a look at this UserVoice link for more details: https://illustrator.uservoice.com/forums/601447-illustrator-bugs/suggestions/38772067-can-t-save-fil...

Regards,

Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines