• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

unknown error 2067

New Here ,
May 17, 2022 May 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i cant open the DXF File and popup error 2067. whats the reson for coming this eror?error.PNG

TOPICS
Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Adobe Employee , Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Hi All,

I understand that some of you have been experiencing difficulties with opening or importing DXF/DWG files in Illustrator. I want to assure you that the product team has worked diligently to resolve this issue.

After careful investigation, it has been determined that the problem is with the DXF/DWG files themselves. They were not created in accordance with the proper file format specifications, and as a result, they are causing errors when attempting to open or import them in Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here , Nov 17, 2023 Nov 17, 2023

Hi all... i have solved the problem converting and opening the files of Autocad (dwg) that give the error 2067. 

The solution i found was to convert it into dxf BUT of the Version 12 Autocad (a little bit old but works fine)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Explorer ,
Jan 26, 2023 Jan 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

AI 2021 (25.1) is using the old DXF libraries...

what kind of old DXF do you have to edit?

some dxf-AAMA?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2023 Jan 27, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I understand that some of you have been experiencing difficulties with opening or importing DXF/DWG files in Illustrator. I want to assure you that the product team has worked diligently to resolve this issue.

After careful investigation, it has been determined that the problem is with the DXF/DWG files themselves. They were not created in accordance with the proper file format specifications, and as a result, they are causing errors when attempting to open or import them in Illustrator.
Note: Illustrator uses the latest AutoCAD library licensed from Autodesk to open, import, and export DXF & DWG files.

Please note that the older versions of AutoCAD also experience difficulty with opening these malformed files. If you come across any DXF/DWG files that can be opened in the latest versions of AutoCAD but not in Illustrator, please report this as a separate issue in a new post and share the file with me via DM for further investigation. Our team will do their best to resolve any bugs that may exist.

It's worth mentioning that Illustrator versions 25.1 and below were able to open/import these files because they used a different library, which did not strictly check the DXF/DWG files for conformance. However, due to the lack of support for recent OS upgrades, Illustrator has switched to the latest AutoCAD library from Autodesk for opening, importing, and exporting DXF/DWG files. Unfortunately, the older versions of Illustrator are no longer available in Creative Cloud due to Adobe policy. However, you may try the suggestion in this community post to install an older version.

Additionally, it is important to note that other third-party apps may also export DXF/DWG files using older AutoCAD libraries that may not open in Illustrator. If you encounter such files, please report them to the application that created them for a potential fix in future releases.

Thank you,

Anshul Saini

#Marking as correct for visibility

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello, what does this mean concretely? what is the proper file format.. i have the most recent versions of both autocad and illustrator and get the same error message. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DXF can be created with many options.  Some DXF files need different software to be able to open it.  It happened today.  DXF sent to me could not open in Illustrator but could be opened in StyleCAD.  It does get annoying when you do not know which format the DXF file has been created to open in.Untitled.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 10, 2023 Apr 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Haya24863696g0yz,

Sorry for the delayed response. Would you mind confirming if the file is opening in the latest AutoCAD? If yes, please share the file with me via DM for further investigation. I will forward it to the product team for further investigation.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2023 Nov 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi there! it seems the issue also branches out to exporting to dxf. is there any known fix for this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @sharpiestealr!

Thanks for sharing this information. Just to clarify, are you encountering a 2067 error when exporting to DXF, or is it a different issue? If it's a 2067 error, could you provide your export settings? Additionally, if you could share the file you're trying to export, I'll do my best to assist you or pass it along to the product team for further investigation.

best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yeah, i opened a .dfx on illustrator, saved as an .ai then tried to export that .ai into a .dxf, got a 2067 error code and googled it which lead me here.

these are the settings when i open the .dxf: (sorry it's in portuguese bc i couldn't find where to switch it to english)

sharpiestealr_0-1699383981699.png

i edited the .dxf then saved it as an .ai in the illustrator 2020 format, then these are the export settings:

sharpiestealr_1-1699384105644.png

and when i hit okay i get slapped by a 2067:

sharpiestealr_2-1699384130558.png

the file i'm using is attached!

thanks a bunch!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for providing the details, @sharpiestealr. It's quite helpful. However, it seems the attachment of the file didn't go through. Illustrator files cannot be attached directly on the community.

There can be various causes, including potential problems with the file itself, like references or links.

If you could upload the file to a cloud storage service like Creative Cloud or Google Drive and share the public download link, I'll take a closer look at the file and try to assist you further.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is the file ! sorry for the mishap 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the file , @sharpiestealr. I was able to export the file using your settings in Illustrator version 28.0 without encountering the 2067 error. You can download the exported DXF file from the following link: https://shared-assets.adobe.com/link/f76c679b-2c0a-4162-4dab-380b1db1d38b

If you have any more questions or need further assistance, feel free to ask.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 24, 2024 Jan 24, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep encountering the problem with the new version of illustrator. Whichever way I save my file (in DWG or DXF of any year) it cannot be opened with illustrator. How can I solve it? I can't work if I can't open Autocad files in Illustrator, it makes no sense to pay a subscription to not be able to use your programme!

https://we.tl/t-eipTj0FHmU at this link you can find one of my file

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same ERROR MESSAGE... AND THIS IS REALLY BS 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2023 Feb 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem in the new version is not only in opening DXF Files, but also export does not work anylonger. This is definitely not acceptable as we have to export designs also for CAD/CAM applications, engraving, routing etc., DXF/DWG interchange is an essential part.
This problem to solve is a must for Adobe, without any doubt. And I think they see that we are getting angry.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 26, 2023 Feb 26, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There,

I open DXF files in illustrator all the time, in multiple versions.  Friday I opened DXF files in illustrator as normal.  I use StyleCAD to convert .sty clothing pattern files to .DXF and then open in illustrator to save to .ai for my clients. Today I tried it as normal and it would not work.  After some frustration, I realised I was converting a file to DXF with a / slash in one of the .rul table size names.  For example, 14Y/XS.  When I changed it in StyleCAD .rul table to 14Y XS by deleting the forward slash the file saved to .DXF as normal and opened as normal in illustrator.  This is just a reply to anyone getting frustated to check your original files beofre converting and make sure there is nothing in the file that could be causing a glitch.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 18, 2023 May 18, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have all of a sudden starting getting the same erroer when trying to export an Ai file as a dxf, ive been exporting the same way for laser cutting files for the past 5 years, why only now & how to i solve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 23, 2023 May 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @abbiec28,

I understand your frustration with encountering the "error 2067" when exporting an AI file as a DXF for laser-cutting purposes. It's perplexing when a process that has been working smoothly for years suddenly starts causing issues.

We are here to help. Would you mind sharing the Ai file with us and confirming the exact version of Ai installed on your machine? I'll check at my end and share my observations with you.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2023 Jun 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the same applies to me. A .dxf file, probably created through the PTC Creo Parametric application, opens fine in AI, can be edited and saved as .ai and .png, but 2067 appears when trying to export to .dxf. BUT, it only appears when I try to export to the legacy name. So it was easily fixed in my case. (Yet to be seen if the result can be read properly in CAD.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2023 Jun 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issues as discussed by others.  I'm getting the error 2067 when trying to open a .dwg file in illustrator which used to open in illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 22, 2023 Jun 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Addie Mae23195587muc9,

I understand your frustration with encountering the "error 2067" when trying to open a DWG file in Illustrator. As I said in the correct marked answer, there had been some changes in Illustrator's libraries for reading and writing DXF and DWG files. We're here to help you resolve this issue. Could you please share the DWG file with us and confirm the exact version of Illustrator installed on your machine? Additionally, please let us know in which version of Illustrator the file was used to open successfully, as well as the application and version in which the DWG file was created. This information will help us investigate the issue further and provide you with the appropriate solution.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2023 Nov 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I am having this same issue, just got the latest version of Illustrator and have the Autocad Lt 2023 software. I used to be able to save dwg files and open them in illustrator. That is why have decided to subsbribe to an Adobe plan, I need these workflow working correctly, if this is not going to work then Illustrator isnt serving my purpose.

Any solution ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

updated March, 2023 I can find this information: "Learn how to import EPS, DCS, and AutoCAD files in Illustrator."

Importing AutoCAD files

Note:

Illustrator will not open AutoCAD files saved in a version later than AutoCAD 2007.

AutoCAD files include both DXF and DWG formats. You can import AutoCAD files from version 2.5 through version 2007. During import, you can specify scale, unit mapping (custom unit for interpreting all the length data in the AutoCAD file), whether to scale line weights, which layout to import, and whether to center the artwork.

Illustrator supports most AutoCAD data, including 3D objects, shapes and paths, external references, region objects, spline objects (mapped to Bezier objects that retain the original shape), raster objects, and text objects. When you import an AutoCAD file that contains external references, Illustrator reads the contents of the reference and places it at the appropriate locations within the file. If an external reference isn't found, the Missing Link dialog opens so you can search for and retrieve the file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesnt seem to be possible anymore?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 03, 2023 Nov 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @Catalina33324977gvnk,

I understand that you're facing an issue with opening AutoCAD files in the latest version of Adobe Illustrator. It seems like you've already reviewed the documentation regarding importing AutoCAD files, and it should be possible according to the provided information.

To better assist you, could you please share the DXF and DWG files that you are trying to open in Illustrator? Having access to the specific files will help in diagnosing the issue and providing you with a more accurate solution. You can upload the files to Google Drive or any similar service and share the file link here, and I'll forward it to the product team for further investigation.

Best,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines