• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unknown Imaging Construct Work-Around

New Here ,
Mar 09, 2022 Mar 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm using Adobe Illustrator 26.0.3 on a 2013 Mac Pro using Monterey v. 12.2.1. I work with a lot of client provided PDFs which I'll typically need to bring into illustrator to convert certain colors to Pantones for printing purposes. Sometimes when opening one of these PDFs I'll come across the error "an unknown imaging construct was encountered" and opening Illustrator to find most or all of the text blocked out and uneditable, similar to a rastered image. Is there a work-around that would allow me to edit the colors as needed?

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Import and export , Type

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Use Acrobat for tasks like this. Probably together with appropriate prepress tools.

Illustrator is not a general purpose PDF editor. You will always risk losing something.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 10, 2022 Mar 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

As Monika suggested, check out the editing features in Acrobat. Here's a video about some of the editing features: http://www.jeffwitchel.net/2015/08/edit-pdfs-like-never-before-in-acrobat-dc/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines