• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unsupported video driver error

Community Beginner ,
Feb 11, 2021 Feb 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of my drivers are up to date, but I still get the folowing error when starting Adobe Illustrator/ Premiere/ AE/ etc.

Knipsel-ai.JPGKnipsel-pr.JPG

When I click fix, I'm advised to update my drivers, but like I said all of my drivers are updated to the latest version:

Knipsel-hp.JPG

Please help

PS I also have Gforce 1050 graphics card, which also runs the latest drivers.

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Hi there,

Thank you for reaching out.
If you're getting this error with Nvidia graphics card. Please check out the latest version of the driver on https://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us & see if you have any new version available.

If you do not see any update released within a year, then NVIDIA probably has discontinued releasing updates to your driver which is a bit old and either you can update the card or switch off this reporting via preferences.
Edit > preferences > General >

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
replies 238 Replies 238
New Here ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a lot! 

I checked my video driver, it is Intel HD Graphics 630 and it's not on the supported list. May I ask if you have any suggestions on using the software with this driver? Is it going to impact the quality a lot? (Currently I have no plans to buy another laptop) or shall I use an older version of illustrator (if that's possible)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 01, 2021 Mar 01, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you ignore the report and continue using Illustrator, do you experience any further problems?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 26, 2021 Feb 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello I am re-installing AI on my HP laptop and getting an error message about my Intel 520 graphics card which is totally up to date. 

AI works on my back up Lenovo but my HP is actually the better of the two laptops. What is the issue? 

Thanks in advance, Pia 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Feb 27, 2021 Feb 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Go to Help > System compatibility report and share here the result. That should give us an idea of the issue.

Also, you can try to disable "GPU performance" in Preferences > Performance.

Marlon Ceballos.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I understand but the program freezes when it opens. I can't even close AI it stays open on the error message and I have to restart my computer. 

I do appreciate your answer. Thanks for your time!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you are reinstalling AI 25.2, then there is a new preference in the general list about unsupported video cards. You can turn off the warning there. If it was working before then it will probably continue to work. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes I understand but the program freezes when it opens. It won't allow me to open any drop down menues or go to my preferences etc ...

I can't even close AI it stays open on the error message and I have to restart my computer. 

I'll see if I log on from someone else's computer and try that way.

I appreciate your time and the answer. Cheers - P

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Larry the other version 25.1  as a student that will work for me for now.

As soon as turn off the warning and try to update to 25.2 it gives me the error. 

Thanks so much for your help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does Illustrator work?

If it does, just ignore the message. In Preferences >General you can turn off the system check altogether.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 22, 2021 Mar 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sì Illustrator funziona per il momento. Quindi l'unico suggerimento è disattivare le notifiche?

Grazie

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 03, 2021 May 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am also having the same issues and cannot even see a jpeg or png when it opens.  Just a gray screen view.  Has anyone had any luck in solving?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 17, 2021 May 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

helloes,

having the same problem, incompatible drivers, after update to 25.2 and onwards Illustrator is slow, doesn't work well, hangs and seldomly crashes. Reverting to 25.1 solves all the problems.

Fun fact (25.1):

mareks91824553_0-1621265905909.png

Also worth noticing that lenovo won't update drivers every month like nvidia does and using non-vendor ones causes all sort of problems.

Also also don't you think that CC being used in corporate environments shouldn't cry at me when my drivers are not even a year old and card has enough juice to do much more complicated operations than Illustrator preview?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 03, 2021 Sep 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I am hopeful that this issue is resolved for you all. Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it.

Thanks,
Srishti

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Aug 18, 2022 Aug 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The “Unsupported Video Driver” error message suggests that your current graphics driver is not compatible with Premiere Pro. An outdated or faulty video driver could cause this problem. Or, in some cases, Premiere Pro fails to recognize your driver which is actually functional, and thus triggers the error.

Hope This Helps,

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines