• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

vertical distribution center wrong order sporadically

New Here ,
Aug 19, 2022 Aug 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When distributing nummerous shapes vertically to center, I sporadically get different results where the layers are distributed in the wrong order. They are ordered correctly in the layers panel, but that doesn't seem to mater. Any solution for this?

TOPICS
Bug

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

Sorry for the delayed response and the trouble you are facing. Would you mind trying the following steps:

• Place the First & last layer in its position exactly where you want it. Use smart guides or rulers or guides to position it correctly.
  • Select all the layers in order and then choose "align to key object". Select 1st layer as the key object and click the vertical distribute centre. 

Let us know how it goes.

Kindly update the discussion if you still need assistance with it. We'd be happy to help.

Thanks & Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Anshul

I tried your aproach as you can see on image 1, which gave the result on image 2. This is not the result I am going for. What I wan't and what it should do by clicking the vertical distribute centre is the result on image 3 (manually made). But what i get is random distribution as shown in image 4 and 5 (random in the sence that i get the same result every time, but if i close the file and open it again, I will get another result eg. 4 and 5).

Best regards

Michael

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Vertical Distrubute Center command should not change the order of the layers in the Layers panel, nor should it change the position of the objects on the artborad, other than to distribute them vertically. 

If that is not working correctly, you could try resetting preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you Align to Key Object, as Anshul suggests, you'll need to select all the objects, then click once on the object that you want as the key object. All the objects should still be selected and the key object should get a heavier line around it. The key object is the one that won't change position.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for trying, @Mychri. I would like to know if you have tried resetting preferences as suggested by @barbara_a. If that doesn't help, try moving the layers to a new document or create a rectangle and put all the layers you want to distribute under that rectangle and try distributing under it. If this doesn't help either, would you mind sharing the download link to the file with us here or via DM with me? We'll check at our end and share our observations with you.

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines