• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Very poor performance Illustrator 2023 (version 27.0.1)

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2022 Nov 17, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi... I'm on the latest version of Illustrator (27.0.1). It's terribly slow. I have a macbook M1 and it was not so slow in the previous version. Any solution?

Is there any way to downgrade?

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Aug 06, 2023 Aug 06, 2023

@Anubhav Majumder Deleting the preferences folder(s) helped me. Thank you. I had so many different version folders. I deleted them all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Creative Cloud App select "All apps" and three dots next to Illustrator. In this dropdown menu select "Other versions".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 18, 2022 Nov 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @marcos000,

Sorry to hear about this experience. Would you mind sharing some more details on whether you are facing this problem when using a particular tool/feature and whether Illustrator also behaves this way with other files?

Also, kindly try resetting Illustrator's preferences by following the steps shared in this article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/troubleshoot-preference-issues.html) and sharing your observations.
Disclaimer: Please note that resetting preferences will remove all custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with the defaults. You may take a backup of these settings from the location mentioned in the article.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,
Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2023 Aug 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Anubhav Majumder Deleting the preferences folder(s) helped me. Thank you. I had so many different version folders. I deleted them all. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 01, 2023 Aug 01, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I'be been using illustrator for more than 10 years, and this is the worst version. I have a 3070 GFX card, a very good processor and a lot of RAM. Something is wrong about the software because 2020 version is far better. I'm unistalling it since it's very slow, and I cannot even edit large vector files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 17, 2023 Aug 17, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello @liv9999,

Sorry for the delayed response. I hope the problem is resolved by now. If not, would you mind trying the suggestions shared in this help article (https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/kb/optimize-illustrator-performance.html) and checking if it helps?

Also, try performing a clean reinstallation of the GPU drivers (Intel / NVIDIA / AMD) and setting the Graphics Preference to High-Performance for Illustrator (https://www.amd.com/en/support/kb/faq/gpu-110) and share your observations.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 11, 2023 Nov 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Illustrator 2023 is pure garbage, it's double times slower than 2020, in fact I'm using 2020, the 2023 version is no usable with very large files, or serious graphic design work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 11, 2023 Nov 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@liviop6690935  schrieb:

Illustrator 2023 is pure garbage, it's double times slower than 2020, in fact I'm using 2020, the 2023 version is no usable with very large files, or serious graphic design work.

On what kind of computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines