• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Viewport doesn't update until clicking off of art, or hitting Alt key (seemingly specific)

Explorer ,
Sep 09, 2022 Sep 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For some reason, my AI has been acting up after an indescriminate about of time working, my viewport stops responding with realtime updates to changes (any, creating shapes, moving any object, type, etc. doesn't matter what it is), the object in question shows the bounding box/controls/handles etc., doesn't show the changes registering, until I click off of the artwork, or press the Alt key - that the view / artboard registers the changes.  

I've checked my preferences, settings, updated my gfx drivers, switched between GPU/CPU, checked between realtime drawing and editing on/off, changed the auto-save / background features on off (not working with overly large files)... not sure what is causing it. but as it's a fairly minor inconvenience - but only restarting the program will rectify, it gets to be very annoying. 

I do utlizie HotDoor CadTools as my only 3rd party, and don't have an overabundance of fonts/brushes.  

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Performance , Third party plugins , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How much available HD space, RAM and what specifically are your Graphics Card(s)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

108GB Free on 475,  32GB, i9 2.6 8core Dell Laptop, NVIDIA RTX A4000 Laptop GPU

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello J_Kraft,

Sorry to hear about this experience. I would request you try resetting Illustrator's preferences manually and see if that helps resolve the issue:

- Close all Adobe applications.
- Go to Location C:\Users\%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Adobe
- Rename Adobe Illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 26 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator - 26 Settings.old

Disclaimer: Please note that renaming preferences folders will remove all the custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. The location is mentioned above.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines