• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What is the laptop config for the best experience with Adobe Illustrator? Apple M1 is incomatible

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got my Apple notebook M1 Max, 32 Gb and I was very dissapointed while using Adobe Illustrator. This is the main app that I am frequently using and it is almost unusable with M1. The mouse is shaking, it has lag while I am drawing, the image is freezing, and weird colors are popping when i select a group of objects. You can see a sample of the nightmare in the photo.

What is the best solution, what is the best laptop configuration for Adobe Illustrator? I am thinking of returning the macbook because of this situation. Illustrator on Apple macbook pro M1 max 32 Gb.jpeg

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Hello mirceap29156352,

Sorry to hear about this experience. Illustrator does run natively on computers with the newer M1 chip. I hope the suggestions shared by Ton helped resolve the problem. If not, kindly try updating Illustrator to version 26.5 and also resetting Illustrator's preferences manually and check if that helps resolve the issue:

• Close all Adobe applications.
• Go to the following locations
• ~/Library/Caches
• ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe
• ~/Library/Preferences
• Rename Adobe I

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 03, 2022 Sep 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you migrate your applications to your new M1 computer?

If so, according to this page you should use the cleaner tool and re-install.

https://helpx.adobe.com/download-install/kb/apple-silicon-m1-chip.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hello mirceap29156352,

Sorry to hear about this experience. Illustrator does run natively on computers with the newer M1 chip. I hope the suggestions shared by Ton helped resolve the problem. If not, kindly try updating Illustrator to version 26.5 and also resetting Illustrator's preferences manually and check if that helps resolve the issue:

• Close all Adobe applications.
• Go to the following locations
• ~/Library/Caches
• ~/Library/Application Support/Adobe
• ~/Library/Preferences
• Rename Adobe Illustrator, com.adobe.illustrator and Adobe Illustrator 26 Settings folders to Adobe Illustrator.old, com.adobe.illustrator.old and Adobe Illustrator 26 Settings.old
• Launch Illustrator from the Creative Cloud.

Note: Location starting with this "~" sign indicates the User Library, which is hidden. So, you need to copy & paste the exact path in spotlight search or from Finder Menu > Go > Go to Folder > Paste the location in the dialog box like this:

Disclaimer: Please note that renaming preferences folders will remove all the custom settings, and Illustrator will launch with default settings. You can also take a backup of the folders in case you want to. The location is mentioned above.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anubhav

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines