Exit

What is this called?

Explorer ,
Jun 03, 2019 Jun 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

fdc3642a6702dd9071e7c717fb01f141.jpg

Leaf + G = Result

Hi,everyone i've been trying to know this kind of stuff. crafting any object to create something new logo cant even imagine what is this called. i just want following answers for that :

1. where can i find an object for a logo?

2. how do i get this work together?

3. how can i do that?

or give me some better suggestion that would help me a lot...

i'v been searching all over the internet cannot find any information..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It may be called "manually and genuinely drawing". By hand. With all kinds of tools that Illustrator provides. Pen tool, for example. That's it.

As per your example, there are no automatic ways to do it. In rare cases you may get some acceptable (and probably surprising) results by using Art brushes. Depends on the shapes in question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Guide ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I had to name It then  maybe a monogram logo

To create it, as Kurt  says use  the Pen Tool , and learn to manipulate the anchor points, and perhaps the ShapeBuilder tool, to merge  shapes ,

But mostly it's down to your own imagination. Illustrator is just going to help create a nice clean version

For ready made  shapes to use, guess you could search / image search : Vector shapes,  some free, some for sale, with varying usage rights,

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

im not saying what kind of logo is this but im just saying is => "what is this called"...as you seen the image theres plus symbol middle of the objects...what im thinking, is it a logo identity or some example to make a logo or idea explanation or else what is this called...i cant get the idea...help me out

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jun 04, 2019 Jun 04, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rahat,

A pictogram about creating an iconogram.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's nothing more or less than a nicely explained deconstruction of a new symbol / icon / logo. Probably for promoting a restyle or rebranding. Although I personally find both the leaf and the G are being distorted beyond recognition. So in stead of 1 + 1 = 3, it becomes 1 + 1 = 0,5...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This thread reminded me of the disastrous result of my city's logo contest a good many years ago:

image.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One may think that the beautiful state of North Carolina deserves something that is far better than the Greensboro logo.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is this called"

In the context of a "logo"? I'd call it an early-stage sketch that needs refinement. Standing alone, it "reads" as neither a G nor a leaf. Consider: If it has to be explicitly "spelled out" to explain its concept, how "clever" is it really?

In the sense of some established name for the practice of distorting a shape so as to be readable as a type character? I don't know of any established disciplinary name for the practice. It's nothing new. It's been done for centuries.

where can i find an object for a logo?

In the sense of a concept? From creative associative thinking.

In the sense of finding a pre-existing drawing to similarly distort? Especially in the case of a "logo," it needs to be original. You must create it.

how do i get this work together?

You mean how do you get the shape of a recognizable object to work as a recognizable glyph?  by applying creative visual discernment.

You mean how does one technically distort a shape into a curve? Again, especially in the context of logo design, the result needs to be as technically optimized as possible. It should consist of simplest constructs and economical paths. That doesn't happen by applying instant-gratification effects.

how can i do that?

By deliberately drawing it with proficiency in using the path drawing tools, and knowledge of the practical and technical considerations of reproduction methods. There is no instant-gratification shortcut.

The above comments are not to "beat you up." They will help you a lot if you take them to heart rather than taking offense.

It sounds like you are committing the very common fallacy of assuming that just because you're using software instead of pen and ink or paint or some other physical medium, there is some kind of automated George Jetson "button to push" in order to create not only technically "ready to go" identity graphics, but also aesthetic excellence and imaginative creativity. that will elicit the desired response from the target audience—which is human. That's just folly. Artificial intelligence has a long way to go before that happens.

Don't look for "the right" automated cheap tricks as the means toward designing an effective identity graphic. Pick up a pencil and exercise your human creativity and artful discernment.

If you feel like I'm reading you wrongly, restate your questions with clearer explanation of what you're actually looking for.

JET

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3. how can i do that?

1.2.3. Finding an object for a logo starts with what the business of the client is that can identify who and is their target for customers. And most importantly you have to have the vision to translate this into a "logo" for them. There is no finding only searching your own creative thinking process.

Logo development is a very special skill in creating and there is NO quick or easy way to accomplish this. As JET has stated above if you are creating for yourself or another then the process has no quick or easy way to accomplish. You cannot go on the internet and pluck a "logo" and if you do find something that is close and you use then you are open to a lawsuit for copyright or registered trademark laws.

We are all professionals here and we respect others who are here with honest questions seeking professional advice. Think twice about what you asked for it is not something we can really respond to. I hope your search will go in the right direction for logo development is a very rewarding creative endeavor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That screen shot could be the artist' intent in a visual form.  I usually do not have to create something like that, but it could also be a creative director's instruction to a subordinate on how to proceed with a logo icon idea.  I do not believe there is a "name" for it...

- They are all over the place, the same thing can be done using a pitchfork.  You are only limited by your imagination.

- Usually it requires your artistic abilities to sketch.

3. how can i do that?

- Get a pencil and some paper.

- Yes, and we can see you are still unsure.  I like to go to a bookstore and look through some logo books.  Get some everyday magazines and look at the ads, the companies and their logos.  Take a look at LogoTypes101.com.  One recommendation would be to find a really bad ( in your humble opinion ) logo and redesign it.  GraphicDesignUSA has annual awards booklets that show logo design winners for their American Graphic Design Awards.  I get a sense that your primary problem is your limited knowledge of what a logo icon is and how to create it.  Get one thing straight, software does not design for you.  Software and the computer are just tools you use to create the final artwork.  This process starts in the designer's head and hands.  Imagine, I just thought of 3 ways you can get started.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines