• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What's this "Experimentation" cache folder?

New Here ,
Mar 02, 2020 Mar 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey guys,

Anyone have any idea what this "Experimentation" folder is in the cache (/Library/Caches/Adobe/Experimentation)? It's taking up almost 500MB and contains 3 folders: ILST_23.0_LEARN, ILST_23.1_LEARN, ILST_LEARN24.0

I don't ever remeber doing a project called that and can't find anything else on my computer with it.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Explorer ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just looking for info on this folder as well.  It's using nearly 1 GB of space in my Windows profile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Mar 08, 2020 Mar 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My folder has flown. It has accumulated 10 GB.

I deleted it and then rebuilds it automatically. But I don't think it will be this size.

In Bridge, Other library previews etc. there is.

Graphic Designer Educator / PrePress Consultant

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 29, 2020 Jul 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

here its taking 2gb. I've no idea what those files are used for. Look like some beginner classes by the file structure and filemanes...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, it looks like they're the in-app tutorials you can access from the "Learn" tab when you open up illustrator. I just deleted them but wouldn't be surprised if they showed up again 🙄🙄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Apr 08, 2022 Apr 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, this is infurating, Adobe downloading 1GB of stuff I will never use.

When I travel, I don't dare tether my laptop to my phone for fear that Adobe will download MB of data.

I really wish this bloatware could be controlled by the user. I never use Learn or Stock or anything like this.

 Basically means I can't use my laptop on the road unless it's guaranteed free WiFi. Adobe assumes there's fast free wifi everywhere and that my hard drive is infinite.  These comments have been in the Support Community for years.

Screen Shot 2022-04-08 at 2.05.53 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 30, 2024 Jan 30, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My folder is insane at over 7+ GB! I don't know what to do. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Jan 31, 2024 Jan 31, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have been able to delete lots of things without problems.

I delete the "assets" folders inside various  Library>Caches > Adobe > CCX Welcome folders and nothing bad happens.

I've deleted all Camera Raw camera and lens profiles, leaving the enclosing folders in place.
It helps for a litte while, to be able to keep working on an SSD hard drive.

But the files come back. It's insanely frustrating that Camera Raw is considered a mandatory installation. I will never use it, and that should be up to me, not Adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines