• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

What should be actual artboard size and resolution in Illustrator to fit my graphics in PPT?

Engaged ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I working with 16:9 ratio Widescreen in PPT 2016.

and I want to create some custom graphics and background for powerpoint slides in Illustrator.

Even I create my artbaords size with following size. my SVG graphics doesn't fit at PPT slide while pasting it, again I need to Rescale them, why?

jkhakase_0-1666853140944.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2022 Oct 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That doesn't appear to be standard HD, but rather 2560 x 1440. You may need to adjust your artboard sizes. And keep in mind that PPT assumes 150 PPI as the default.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but doesn't work, see the result below I get

jkhakase_0-1666855785849.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

33.867 x 19.05 cm is standard HD at 144 PPI.

Since Illustrator's PPI is 72, its HD will appear much larger in PowerPoint -- but its 33.867 x 19.05 cm will appear smaller.

Try creating artboards at 1280 x 720 px.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1280 x 720 px. doesn't match. 

1448x798 px @ 300 Resolution Artboard is almost close to my expection, but not exact match

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 28, 2022 Oct 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DougARoberts_0-1666945926980.png

This is a 1280 x 720 px artboard exported from AI as SVG. Seems to come in at the exact slide size. Can you share a demo PPT file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Doug A Roberts,

Below is the my process:

my process.png

How you importing SVG to PPT?  PowerPoint 2016 Doesn't have option to drag and drop ppt in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here is the attached Demo PPT file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I use Paste Special > Enhanced Metafile, I get the same result as you (an image 45.19 x 25.43, which is 1280 x 720 @ 72 PPI)

If I use Insert > Picture and then choose my SVG, I get an image the same size as the slide.

I tried again with a group 960 x 540 and got the correct result, which makes sense as that is 33.87 x 19.05 @ 72 PPI -- but then I don't understand why you didn't get the correct result to start with in that case.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Oct 31, 2022 Oct 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want to create assets (vector graphics / icons) for my ppt slides. but I don't want to export them as svg while making in Illustrator and placing them in ppt. Its little time consuming when working on argent task. that the reason I want to use paste special to place my vector graphics from Illustrator to ppt. but when comes into ppt its not taking actual size. problem is I need to scale them each time to match with design proportion, which I want to avoid

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Nov 01, 2022 Nov 01, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you try a 960 x 540 artboard?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, but didin't match the exact size, below is the result

jkhakase_0-1667305809067.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the result I get in the demo file you posted:

DougARoberts_0-1667306369083.png

Steps:

1. Create Illustrator document, 960 x 540 px artboard

2. Create objects the size of artboard (green box)

3. Select, copy objects.

4. In PowerPoint, Paste Special > Picture (Enhanced Metafile)

Let me know if I'm missing something here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I gone through listed steps again, but the same problem I face. This time Sharing recorded video of it as below

Illustrator to PowerPoint Issue.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How is the PowerPoint slide set up? At certain pixel dimensions? Or something relative or adaptive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines