• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I copy and paste an object sometimes the object's stroke changes thickness

Explorer ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This has been going on for a couple of months. Preferences, everything has been reset and illustrator has been updated several times by adobe support team so I am here now for help. I draw many objects with the blob brush in their own file and then copy and paste them into a new file; then I will color the drawn object with the paint bucket tool and copy and paste it for use. Yet when I do this the pasted object's stroke changes thickness. Usually, it gets thinner but sometimes it gets thicker but it doesn't look to be the same thickness at all compared to the original object. It doesn't happen with all objects either but the workflow is the same for them. What should I be doing to prevent this? Thank you SO much for your help, hopefully soon.

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Oct 19, 2022 Oct 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The Blob brush creates filled shapes but not strokes (but these filled shapes can be stroked).

Maybe there is some kind of snapping going on in the new document. Can you check the View > Snap To options? Snap to pixel?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, that did not change a thing but thank you. Otherwise, it appears that whenever I expand the objects I drew and colored in THEN copy and paste them, the thickness of the stroke stays the same. When I test it out for the ones without expanding them then copy and paste them, it appears the stroke widths change. Anyone know why this would work? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 20, 2022 Oct 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can we please see screenshots or the file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 27, 2022 Oct 27, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, The one that appears with thicker lines is the copy and pasted one. The drawing was made with the blob brush and the paint bucket was used to color it in. What's happening? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please show a zoomed in version. It would be nice if you could embed your screenshots in your post and just screenshot what's necessary.

Please do also show the outline view as well as the objects inside the layers panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay, when I zoom in on both objects the stroke weight is the same. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines