• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I unite two different colored-objects using the Pathfinder tool, why does the final tool adopt only one color?

New Here ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have two objects that are different colors. One is blue and one is black. I want to 'merge' these two objects together.

However, when I do so using the 'Unite' in the Pathfinder tool, the final entire merged object becomes only black. How do I make sure both colors are still maintained?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

a single object can only have fills that encompass the whole area of that object. otherwise you'd still have two objects.

why do you need to unite them? perhaps you can achieve the desired result some other way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I guess you're right.

I'm looking to round the corners for the entire object, but still maintain the two colors. If I 'round' the corners for each object individually, the corners at the intersecting sides are all rounded and it makes it look weird. Any idea?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

show the objects?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you want to round individual corners, click the circle at one corner so that it alone is highlighted. Then you can move it individually.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines