• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When will Adobe UXP for Illustrator be released?

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I already knew CEP, but I just learned something new called UXP.
However, I can find documentation for Photoshop,

but I can't find documentation for illustration.
When will it be released?

TOPICS
Scripting , SDK , Third party plugins

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

When it's ready. That's all you are ever going to find out. It will one day simply appear, but whether that's with the next major release or still farther away only people on the Betas know and they are not allowed to say anything about it.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2023 Jan 08, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When it's ready. That's all you are ever going to find out. It will one day simply appear, but whether that's with the next major release or still farther away only people on the Betas know and they are not allowed to say anything about it.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, the Illustrator team still hasn't given us a date for opening up UXP to the public. Second:

It will one day simply appear...

That's not quite accurate... If you want to find out early, there are a few different things you can do:

Similar to UXP's release in Photoshop, InDesign, and XD, the engineering team will be looking for feedback in the prerelease. My team (the Creative Cloud Developer Experience team) will partner with the Illustrator team for the release as well.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 30, 2023 Jan 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm more curious on when will CEP reaches end-of-life in Illustrator? Will UXP fully replace CEP or they'll exist next to each other?

This concerns thousands of exiting CEP extensions, and what's going to happen to them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 07, 2023 Feb 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm more curious on when will CEP reaches end-of-life in Illustrator? Will UXP fully replace CEP or they'll exist next to each other?

This concerns thousands of exiting CEP extensions, and what's going to happen to them.

I understand your concern!

UXP and CEP should live side-by-side for quite some time, however, using Photoshop as a cautionary tale, this decision is up to Illustrator's product team. (Basically, Photoshop decided they would stop supporting CEP on M1 native versions, so current CEP users must launch PS in Intel mode.)

Illustrator has not yet released a timeline for UXP adoption or CEP deprecation, so there's no danger anytime soon.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines