• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Whenever my fill color is none it shows a gradient, even when I save the archive

Community Beginner ,
Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Basically the title. I have Illustrator CC 2023. It happened before but fixed itself, but now I can't fix it. Basically whenever I set my fill color to "none" it fills in with a gradient, even if on the display ot shows as no fill. It's not a display issue because when I tested saving as a PDF it still shows the fill. bug pdf.pngScreenshot_1.pngScreenshot_2.pngScreenshot_4.png

So far I tried:

- Restarting the app

- Resetting the preferences

- Setting as View in CPU

TOPICS
Bug , Draw and design , Import and export

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 04, 2023 Jan 04, 2023

ok, I solved the issue and it wasn't clipping masks, the entire layer was set to have filling, that's why it was filling all the shapes. Thanks a lot for the help though, have a great one!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

THose are clipping masks and there is a path filled with a gradient inside the mask. Do you know how to handle clipping masks?

You could try and with the direct selection tool. select the gradient filled object and then delete. This would not release the clipping mask, which might or might not matter for your workflow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know how clipping masks work but I am not using any. Anytime I delete the form and create another one with no fill it still shows the gradient 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

ok, I solved the issue and it wasn't clipping masks, the entire layer was set to have filling, that's why it was filling all the shapes. Thanks a lot for the help though, have a great one!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines