• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Where is the Hue selection?

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2022 Mar 25, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am a photoshop nerd, ask me anything ill find it, Installed illustrator today, I expected it to be somewhat similar to photoshop, but it took me 2 hours to put text inside a circle, now here's my issue: I inserted an Ethereum Logo, now in photoshop I would just go to Adjustments > Hue/Saturation and change the color to whatever I need, but in  Illustrator it seems that there is no way to change the color at all, I looked up and it says choose Edit > Edit Colors > Recolor Artwork but its greyed out for me, how do I do it?!?! thanks in advance.

Screenshot_1.png

TOPICS
Draw and design , Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Illustrator you would select an object and click on a swatch to apply that swatch color to whatever is active at the moment, either fill or stroke. There are other ways of applying color, but that's kind of the easiest ways if you're starting.

If the swatches panel is not visible, bring it up by clicking on Window->Swatches Menu

ethereum_logo.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the logo vector paths, or is it a raster image? If the latter, look for a source for a vector version or rebuild from scratch. Or edit the color in Photoshop.

Peter

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 26, 2022 Mar 26, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it a vector object or an image that you are trying to color? Images are better  adjusted in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As is plain to see I did not see the answer by Peter...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order to use Recolor artwork: is the object selected?

It's a great feature, you should definitely see if you can get it to work. When applying it to black objects, you need to set up its recoloring options so that black is allowed to be recolored.

Apart from that: with the plugin Phantasm you could also have Hue/Saturation in Illustrator (the plugin is not for free)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

strange to have logo from photoshop, i suggest to redo it on illustrator, logo must be a vector file not bitmap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines