Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

where to find this symbol

Enthusiast ,
Jan 19, 2024 Jan 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I am looking for this mathematical symbol. Where to find it inside Illustrator ?

Screenshot-11-24-23.jpg

TOPICS
How-to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
LEGEND ,
Jan 19, 2024 Jan 19, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Install a math font.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 20, 2024 Jan 20, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In case I would like to create it with illustrator, how to do it. I have tried to do the top of this symbol with two lines, but I don't know how to determine an angle between the two lines.

Screenshot-23-29-44.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your problem: measuring the original angle? Or setting up a specific angle in a new drawing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My goal is to create this graphic, but I don't know how to do it.

Screenshot-23-55-55.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just take the pen tool and then click with it on all the corners one after the other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look in the Glyphs panel using a Symbol font or an Opentype font with a large character set, like Arial Unicode. If you know the name of the symbol (I do not) then you could search for it in Apple’s Emoji & Symbol viewer (Keyboard menu in menubar or press Command-Control-Space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would carefully take a photo of a caterpillar and then do some live trace in Illustrator with low quality settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you know the name of the symbol? If you do, you can look it up to see if it’s available in any installed fonts. Symbols are provided by fonts installed in the operating system, not by individual applications such as Illustrator.

If you must draw it, it can help to have the grid visible, and Snap to Grid enabled. Then you can quickly draw it with a few quick clicks of the Pen tool. See demo below.

Illustrator math symbol draw Pen tool.gif

But it would be best to locate it in a font, because then it can use proper scaling with type hints, and metrics.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing I know about this symbol is its mathematical definition : "the empty word", but I don't know where to find it in the symbols.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,
Jan 21, 2024 Jan 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to create a triangle (by the polygon tool) and would like to delete only the line at the bottom of the triangle. How to do it ?

screenshot-13-40-40.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Take the direct selection tool and then click directly onto that path segment. Then hit the delete key

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, I succeeded to do it. 

At the blue arrows on the screenshot, how to join the horizontal line with the line of the triangle (I have actually a break between them) ?

screenshot-15-53-23.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Select all those paths with the selection tool and then Object > Path > Join

This works better when they are precisely aligned at the corners.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What I have done is to make the ends of the line rounded, in order to have a better result.

I would like now to set the length of the horizontal line by example on 25 px. How to do it ?

screenshot-16-26-34.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You'd easier do that before you connect it to the rest.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok. Now I have tried to do the same in one go with the pen tool, and here is the result. At the blue arrow, how to center the top of the triangle (centered between the two horizontal lines) ?

screenshot-18-30-15.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

When points are selected, the Align/Distribute panel works on points instead of objects. You can select the three points and click Horizontal Distribute Centers, and that will distribute the points so that there is an equal amount of space between them, centering the middle point (see demo below).

Illustrator Align distribute points.gif

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines