• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White border appears around the exported jpeg file

New Here ,
Dec 08, 2019 Dec 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I'm making seamless patterns that I print on fabrics. When I export file as jpeg from Illustrator, and then open the jpeg in Photoshop, a pixel wide border appears around the image, or it is rather that the outermost pixel around the image is faded. Then my pattern isn't seamless anymore. I need to have a jpeg file to send to the fabrics printing company. How can I get rid of the light border around the image? It doesn't matter whether I choose anti-aliasing or not, the border is still there.

TOPICS
Import and export , Print and publish

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , May 28, 2020 May 28, 2020

I just discovered this problem may be because the number of objects that I use is far more than usual, so that makes a little lag in the illustrator. but I have found a solution, I am also a pattern design maker so I drag the file to Photoshop and export the file there. and magical! no white lines on the edges.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 11, 2021 May 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you read the suggestions above?

In Illustrator set your units to pixels or points.

Your art and artboard should not contain fractional pixels (points).

Check your Rulers, are they Global rulers?

Check the Artboard options; are the top left X/Y coordinates whole numbers (no fractions)

Select and check your colorblocks, are the width and height whole numbers, are the upper left X/Y coordinates  whole numbers?

Export the artboard at 72 ppi or a multiple thereof (144, 216, 288).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 28, 2023 Mar 28, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There is now a problem when exporting JPG and PNG files via the Asset Export feature. This causes white lines to appear on the top and right side only of an exported image.
The work around is to do it the old way: File > Export > Export for screens
BTW we should not have to set units to Pixels or points or fractional pixels BS this has never been an issue at Dev level. Please do not give that sort of infomration out - thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2023 Mar 29, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your problem is different from the ones described above, your file does not show a single additional pixel, but 4 or 5 additional pixels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...and yet somewhat related, therefore could possible provide a work around.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 31, 2023 Mar 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share an Illustrator example that shows your problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 30, 2023 Aug 30, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check your bleed settings! Make sure there is no bleed. I was having the same problem and discovered that it was creating the white outline where the bleed was set. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2023 Aug 31, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Thanks very much for your advice. In an earlier version of Illustrator, I discovered the I had to select "export artboard only" to avoid white borders. Recent upgrades to Illustrator include a feature that automatically exports just the content on the artboard. There is no white border now, regardless of whether I remove the bleed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines