• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

White LInes Illustrator Anti Aliasing

Explorer ,
May 21, 2024 May 21, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I always seem to have issues with this, sometimes things look amazing and other times they don't, there is no rhyme or reason for this. When uploading images of my surface pattern designs from Illustrator to my website or InDesign, as either jpg, png, or pdf, depending on which one doesn't look too hideous because of the white lines, a lot of the time the white lines appear. If I turn off anti aliasing, sometimes, the lines disappear, but then it looks like a hot mess of pixelation. I have also tried to round the output of the vector prior to exporting as jpg, png or pdf to full numbers ie 4cm instead of 4.023cm to try and control the issue, but does not necessarily work all the time. I seemed to have gone a few years with no issues then bam! Issues. Maybe each update of Illustrator influences it also? Is this an Adobe issue or a monitor/proportion issue? Thanks very much.

Bec

TOPICS
Bug , How-to , Import and export , Performance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 2 Correct answers

Community Expert , May 22, 2024 May 22, 2024

To avoid anti-aliasing, it is usefull to use round numbers. Unfortunately round numbers do not work with centimeters as units. Displays and images work with pixels, so it is usefull to set your units to pixels (or points) and use round numbers when creating your pattern tiles. Your example of 4 cm would convert to 113,3858 px and is garanteed to give an additional pixel.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant , May 22, 2024 May 22, 2024

Simple method: first rasterize the object in Illustrator, then export to jpg, png...

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
May 22, 2024 May 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To avoid anti-aliasing, it is usefull to use round numbers. Unfortunately round numbers do not work with centimeters as units. Displays and images work with pixels, so it is usefull to set your units to pixels (or points) and use round numbers when creating your pattern tiles. Your example of 4 cm would convert to 113,3858 px and is garanteed to give an additional pixel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 26, 2024 May 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,
May 22, 2024 May 22, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Simple method: first rasterize the object in Illustrator, then export to jpg, png...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 26, 2024 May 26, 2024

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thanks, yeah i forgot about that little trick

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines