• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I lock the Tool Panel height?

Engaged ,
Jan 02, 2023 Jan 02, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In all previous versions of Illustrator, I was abel to have 3 panels stacked on top of eachother, docked on the side. Each panel having 3-5 tool tabs. The same is true of 2023. However, previously I was able to set the height of eight panel and it wouldn't change based on the tabs height. So, for instance, Id have
layers, Pathfinder, and artboards on top

Properties, Alignment and Stroke in the center panel

And then, (lets say) Swatches, Symbols, and Assets in Bottom Panel.
Ive always been able to adjust the height of each (for instance) panel so they took up a 3rd of the space and they'd be fixed regardless of other tools size. If there was empty sapace, theres emply space. If there was more info beyond panel, it'd provide a scroll bar within the panel. But, now when I select a tab, everything resize based on that tab. In most cases It collapses the other panels all together, like if you have the "Properties" tab selected in center Panel, The top panel and bottom collapse to accomidate. I have a methode to my madness and this is driving me crazy. And just to be clear, neither selecting/deselecting the "Auto-Collapse Iconic Panels" nor "Autoshow Hidden Panels" when right-clicking on a panel changes anything.

TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @varxtis,

Thanks for reaching out. Would you mind confirming if you have tried resetting Illustrator preferences manually or resetting the workspace? Also, would you mind sharing a screenshot of your workspace? We'll check on our end and share our observations with you.

Looking forward to your response.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 06, 2023 Jan 06, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, have not tried to rest settings because this was happening right from a fresh install (fresh install of win 11 and fresh install of Adobe). No settings carried over from illustor pre-fresh install. But will double check when I get hope. Will also screenshot.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 09, 2023 Jan 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure! I will be looking forward to it, @varxtis.

- Anshul

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 11, 2023 Jan 11, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sharing the video. I hope you are doing well now, @varxtis. I checked the last 5 versions of Ai (23 - 19) and saw similar behavior. Would you mind confirming in which older version this behavior was seen earlier?

Regards,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was working perfectly fine in the 2023 version, as well as all versions prior (that I can remeber). It only just started up after a fresh install of OS and Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 19, 2023 Jan 19, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for confirming, @varxtis. I rechecked and couldn't replicate the behavior. Would you mind installing the previous version & checking if it is working on your end? If it does, please share a small screen recording, and I will check with the product team.

Thanks,

Anshul Saini

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines