• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I use the paintbrush tool?

New Here ,
Oct 24, 2008 Oct 24, 2008

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm trying to paint on an image and when I mouse over where I want to paint I get the "prohibited" symbol and can't paint. I opened other .jpgs and was able to paint with no problem. Is there a type of file that you can't use the paintbrush tool on? Please help!
TOPICS
Tools

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 01, 2009 Jan 01, 2009
Devorah,

the Paintbrush tool is not designed to measure CMYK percentages. It is a drawing tool.

To check your percentages, select or direct select the desired objects and take a look at the Colours Palette or the Information Palette.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Sep 22, 2015 Sep 22, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

WHat's in your file?

What do you want to do?

What have you tried?

What exactly does not work?

We can't read your mind or see what you see unfortunately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 17, 2015 Sep 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same problem.  Can't use a brush.  All I want to do is import a PNG for refining edges and clearing up iPad paintings.  It seems that many are having this problem.  It also seems there should be a fix that WE ALL can understand and use.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 17, 2015 Sep 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DebErney schrieb:

I'm having the same problem.  Can't use a brush.  All I want to do is import a PNG for refining edges and clearing up iPad paintings.  It seems that many are having this problem.  It also seems there should be a fix that WE ALL can understand and use.

So you opened a PNG and then want to paint on it?

There is no fix necessary. You just did it wrong.

Create a new file.

Then place your PNG

Then use the brush tool.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 07, 2016 May 07, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Why I can't use the brush tool?? My layer is locked how do I unlock it??? I am using Ps CC (2015)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 08, 2016 May 08, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

WHITEDIAMOND schrieb:

Why I can't use the brush tool?? My layer is locked how do I unlock it??? I am using Ps CC (2015)

This Forum and this Thread is about Illustrator, not Photoshop

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines