• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do library items get added to my swatches?

Participant ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

I'm a bit new to using library items.  I have a handful of color swatches in my library.  If I create an item and add that library swatch as the fill color everythnig works great... But I've noticed that illustrator then addes it to my swatch pallete.  If I click on another item and try to add the library swatchs to it illustrator gives me a warning... "A different color with the same name already exists in your document......"

Is this supposed to happen?  Am I missing something.  Because now if I want to add a color swatch instead of going to my library I have to hunt for the color in my color swatch pallette.

Thanks!

TOPICS
Draw and design

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2022 Jan 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

https://helpx.adobe.com/illustrator/using/using-creating-swatches.html 

Specifically - Move swatches from a swatch library to the Swatches panel

Do any of the following:

• Drag one or more swatches from the swatch library panel to the Swatches panel.

• Select the swatches you want to add, and select Add To Swatches from the library’s panel menu.

• Apply a swatch to an object in the document. If the swatch is a global or spot-color swatch, the swatch is automatically added to the Swatches panel.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines