• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why do "Dynamic" and "Static" Symbol select differently?

LEGEND ,
Apr 21, 2017 Apr 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Dynamic" symbols cannot be selected by drag-selecting them with the "Direct Selection" tool as "Static" Symbols can be. I noticed this when moving an masked eyeball. This means I have to now remember to use the "Group" or "Normal" selection tool or select masked symbols by the Layers Panel.

Why would Dynamic Symbols have such a limitation?

Dynamic Symbols just don't seem very "dynamic" to me. The negatives keep out-weighing the positives, INMO.

in.gif

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi rcraighead,

Thanks for pointing this out. I'll forward it to the concerned team to take a look into it. Will update you once I get a response from them.

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 02, 2017 May 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks, ohmnath.

Pencil tool and Symbol functionality are my biggest obstacles to embracing the latest versions of Illustrator.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines