• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does my eraser tool leaves an ugly trace mark?

Enthusiast ,
Mar 22, 2016 Mar 22, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check that out...

I want to delete a few lines, but the eraser leaves that ugly trace mark on the picture.   How can I get rid of the lines and delete what I want to delete from the file?

Capture22.JPG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Mar 23, 2016 Mar 23, 2016

elindo586 wrote:

Do you know how not to use the stroke?

You are not really hearing what you are being told here.  The eraser does not have the stroke. The objects that you are erasing have it. 

In the sample below, the column on the left is the result if everything in the document is selected, or if nothing is when the eraser is being used. 

the box on the right is the result if the text only is selected when the eraser is being used.

You can see on the left that the stroke of the "outline" lef

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Beginner ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't use time from your busy day if it's not useful to the people you are using it for; this includes addressing clearly beginner/novice with understanding and thorough explanations. 

The OP was clearly confused and needed guidance. I don't care if your an "expert" of tech or AI, if you can't properly articulate the question and explain it thuroughly you aren't the right people to respond.

Now go away and address the questions at hand if you have anything to add and stop being butthurt about my response.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines