• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why is Adobe Stock so terrible!?

New Here ,
Sep 05, 2021 Sep 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I recently signed up for their trial to get 10 images. After browsing for quite some time I just quit because every image I tried to open in illustrator would fail! I keep getting "could not open yadayada.ai" or "could not place" I downloaded the ten that I liked most in vector ai and 9 of them fail to open. It's ridiculous. Why does anyone pay for this?

im using illustrator and creative cloud on the iPad. I thought I could try to get the files from the Adobe Stock website but that fails too. ONE STAR.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @magical_hope0D45 

Can you post the numbers for some of the files the you could not open?

I've been using Adobe Stock for several years and have not had the issue of not being able to open files, but I'd be happy try to open a couple that you are having trouble with.

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane,

I'm trying to open the following:

132586425 - vintage aircraft elements set

112712609 - Set of skull fly helmet

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @magical_hope0D45 

"112712609 - Set of skull fly helmet"

I had no trouble opening your second one. I downloaded the AI file, not the jpeg. There are four layers, one for each helmet. It's vector and editable.

janee_1-1630883735509.png

"132586425 - vintage aircraft elements set"

Can you check the number you gave me? I got a jpeg with olives with that number!

janee_0-1630883417899.png

What version of Illustrator do you have and what is happening when you try to open them? Can you show a screen shot of the error?

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jane the number is actually 132586424

when I download the vector image to my iPad's creative cloud library, and try to open it in Illustrator Iget the following error(s)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm so sorry, @magical_hope0D45 ! I didn't catch "iPad" when I first read your post. The image opens fine in Illustrator for Desktop where I took the screenshot, but I get the same error as you when I try to open it in Illustor for iPad. Instead of putting it in the Cloud as you did, I saved it to Downloads and got the same result.

I'm tagging Adobe Employees @Sheena Kaul  @Contributor1 @Beverley Gray  to look at this. I don't know where they live, but Monday is a federal holiday in the U.S.

8C4E26C1-2932-44CE-AA59-4A6560CE754F.jpeg

I'll try to follow this and we may need to take it to the Illustrator for iPad forum. To make sure I see it, type the "at" symbol @ which will list all the names in this thread, then click mine. This will tag me.

7C6393AC-901B-40EE-8800-D747B819143E.jpeg

Jane

Forum volunteer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 06, 2021 Sep 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it looks to be not easy (if not impossible) to get the asset opening and loading in Ai on your iPad. Assets loaded on my PC when I tried it from the iPad (open in application).

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@jane-e ,

I think that Sheena is no more in charge of stock. I would also tag @WendellaBee.

ABAMBO | Hard- and Software Engineer | Photographer

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good catch!

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 13, 2021 Sep 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to Illustrator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@WendellaBee wrote:

Moved to Illustrator

This image from Adobe Stock opens perfectly in Adobe Illustrator.  Ths same file will not open in Illustrator for iPad. Can you tell us what might cause this @WendellaBee ? Or direct us to someone who can?

"112712609 - Set of skull fly helmet"

Thank you!

~ Jane

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stock files are typically saved as version 10 EPS.

Maybe Illustrator on the iPad has no access to that ancient version embedded AI file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines